∆ғᴏʀᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ∆

So funny story. I was about to post this while I'm in school (we aren't allowed to have phones) so during study hall I went to the bathroom to upload this chapter and the fire alarm went off and scared the SHIT out of me. So enjoy :D

“It wasn’t your fault.”

I looked up, tearing my gaze away from my folded hands resting in my lap, to my dad. He walked into the hospital room, letting the door shut gently behind him. He sat by my leg, placing his hand over mine.

“I should have known,” I mumbled.

“No one did.”

“I did, Dad. I knew I should have walked away the first time. But I didn’t. I kept telling myself that I would but I never did and I-”

“Stop,” He said firmly. “If you keep blaming yourself, everything will get worse. You didn’t chase yourself down, you didn’t strike yourself. You shouldn’t be mad at yourself.”

“Then who can I be mad at?” I asked, my voice trembling as tears raced down my cheeks. My father wiped them away with his thumb.

“Aaron. Always be mad at him, Y/n. Don’t let him see you cry. Don’t let him see your weakness. He’s a bastard of a man, so make him feel like one.”

Make him realize who he fucked with.”

“Scared, Prissy?” Vex asked, making me look over to them. A grin rested on their lips. I grinned back.

“You wish,”

This made them laugh. “Good. I don’t plan on dragging your ass out of this, you know.”

“Never wanted you to,” I replied, taking the object wrapped in cloth from Vex. I watched as their hand healed over from the burns of the object.

“Just remember this is your mess,” They hummed, cracking their neck. I took the blades from the cloths, watching as Hamon sparked across them, making the markings show up once more.

“I know.”

“Then start cleaning up,” Vex said, playfully batting the back of my head. “I hate picking up after other people.”

“Well, too bad. Grab a broom and start beatin’ the shit out of people,” I said.

“Oh darling,” They purred in a sultry voice, grin exposing their fang. “I don’t need it.”

“Shut up and cover me!” I laughed.

“Yeah, yeah, go on Prissy,” They said. “I’ll go save the three nimrods.”

“Thank you, Vex!” I called, earning a middle finger in response before both of us split apart.

“Now, now, what have we got here?”

Aaron stood up from the ground, glancing down at his bloody hand as the last bit of his neck began to heal. He rubbed over his throat, humming in satisfaction. He flicked his gaze to me, hazel orbs shifting to a carmine hue, clouded by blood-lust. I felt like running away, but I stood my ground, stopping a few feet away from me, clutching the knives at my sides.

“Never thought you’d ever have the confidence to fight me head-on,” He said. “Did you gain some confidence? Or do you just have a death wish?”

“For someone who talks a lot of shit, you can’t really back it up,” I replied, making him raise his eyebrows.

“Feisty. Did I manage to piss you off that badly, Y/n? I’ve hardly done anything just yet!” He chuckled.