∆ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ∆

The next two weeks couldn’t go by any slower.

Perhaps it was because I was so anxious, but either way, I was more than ecstatic when I was finally able to walk on my own again. The day I ditched the crutches, I called Suzie Q and made the arrangements with her. I had to make up an excuse for work, telling my boss it was a “family emergency” and that I had to go immediately. I rushed home and packed up my bags before heading straight for the airport with a brief goodbye to my dad and brother. When I had arrived in Italy, a man was standing with my name written on a card. He wore a dark suit, and he had a scar across his face, with graying hair. A wagon-type broach was pinned to his jacket. I walked towards him slowly, and once he noticed me, he extended his hand.

“I’m Robert Speedwagon,” He introduced. “I’m an old friend of the Joestars. Joseph asked me to pick you up today.”

“I’m Y/n, but I think you already know that,” I said, slipping my hand in his. He chuckled.

“Has Joseph told you anything about what’s going on?” He asked, motioning for me to follow him outside as he picked up my bags.

“I only know what he told me over the phone before he left,” I said. “He hasn’t told me anything after that.”

“Then let me,” He said, opening the car door to allow to me to slip in before him as the driver placed my bags in the trunk. “We’ve dealt with vampires before, but it’s been nothing like this. Normally, someone higher up is guiding them as servants to do their dirty work.”

“Is this not the case?” I asked as the car began to move. Speedwagon shook his head.

“I’m afraid not. This group is acting on their own as far as we can tell,” He said. “It’s very peculiar.”

“Does the basic rule of sunlight apply?” I asked, crossing one of my legs over the other. Speedwagon nodded.

“They can only move at night. Here, the sun sets at 8 p.m., and rises at 7 in the morning,” He said. “Thirteen people have been killed within the span of two weeks. Jojo and Caesar have been killing what they can using Hamon, but it seems that each one they kill, two more spawn back. It’s becoming an infestation.”

“Oh my God,” I said, covering my mouth.

“Don’t worry,” Speedwagon reassured. “Miss Lisa Lisa is in the midst of preparing for your arrival to begin your Hamon training.”

I rubbed my arm. “I’m not so sure I can do it,”

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“I-I mean, I don’t know if I have the courage to do this,” I confessed. “I want to help, I do, but...I’m afraid. That night terrified me.”

“It’ll be okay,” Speedwagon said, shooting me a smile. “Once you get into your training, you’ll lose your self-doubt. I’m sure of it.”

“If you say so,” I sighed. I felt the car come to a stop and glanced out of the window. “The pier? Are we getting on a boat?”

“Yes. Miss Lisa Lisa’s manor rests on an island. If I’m correct, Jojo and Caesar will be aboard to brief us on everything,” Speedwagon said, slipping from the car to open my door for me. I thanked him as I got out, looking towards the boat that was being tied to the docks.

“Y/n!” I smiled as I saw a familiar head of wild brown hair pop out of nowhere. Joseph jumped from the boat to the dock, grabbing me, and lifted me in the air.

“Joseph!” I yelled in surprise.

“I missed you! It’s been so not fun without you around!” He whined. I pushed his head away.