∆ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ∆

Ahh guys I'm so sorry it's been so long. With all the snow we've gotten, our internet went out and the company can't come to fix it until some of the ice melts, so I have to write on my phone and it sucks ass. This chapter might be shitty but it's all I have so....yeah. Enjoy.

(It's also kind of sad)

🥺👍

...

I yawned tiredly, resting my head on the desk in front of me. I glanced at the small clock beside me, reading the time as 2:27 in the morning. I rolled my head over to look at Emily, who was in the process of filing some records. Oddly enough, the emergency room was fairly empty, save for a few achy bones or some cuts that were easy to bandage.

"Bored?" The red-head asked, flicking her gaze to me.

"Like you wouldn't believe," I mumbled, my cheek pressed against the wood.

"Good, then you and I can talk a little," She said, sitting in the chair beside me.

"About what?" I asked, tilting my head in question.

"About your new boyfriend, of course," She replied, rolling her eyes playfully. "The blonde one, the one that speaks Italian."

"Caesar?" I asked, feeling my cheeks heat up at the thought of him. "H-He's not my b-boyfriend…but…"

"But you want him to be," She teased, watching my face turn red.

"S-so what if I do?" I mumbled in embarrassment.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of, Y/n," She hummed. "I'd want him to be my boyfriend too. If you don't want him, I'll be glad to get him off your hands. Could you imagine?" She sighed dreamily.

I laughed softly, shaking my head at her. "Keep dreaming, Em."

"What's he up to anyway?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I responded, looking up and waving to the patient who'd just left.

"Usually he drops you off at work. He didn't this time," She said, quirking a brow. "Is he busy?"

"Y/n," Caesar said, making me turn around, holding a box of Chinese food from the night before. I hummed to show him I was listening as I jumped onto the counter to eat before I had to leave for work.

"Joseph called me," He said, sauntering towards me.

"What did he want?" I asked, stirring some noodles around.

"He wants me to go with him to a hotspot," He replied, taking the fork from my hand and stealing a bite from my food. I frowned at him.

"A hotspot?"

"It's like a hub where vampires lounge around. Vex told us about it and said they were going to bust it. Joseph volunteered us to help them," He explained. I lowered my food.

"But you just got back from one of those," I said, folding my legs under me. "Both of you need a break before going back out."

"We'll be fine, amore, trust me," He said, brushing some hair from my eye. "You don't have to worry."

"I am," I huffed. "Both of you are going to pass out from exhaustion. Your muscles are going to be overexerted and there's the chance you could tear something and that would be bad if you were in the middle of a fight, or you could-"

"Y/n, do you worry that much about me?" Caesar cut my rambling off with a surprised look.

"Of course I do, idiot!" I exclaimed. "I wouldn't make sure you were in perfect shape before going anywhere. I don't want you to get hurt!"

"I won't, Y/n. You just worry too much," He replied, taking his jacket from the chair. I slid off the counter and followed him to the front door. He knelt and pet Dixie on the top of her head.

"I worry because you're reckless. You and Joseph both," I said softly, crossing my arms over my chest. "I don't want anything to happen to you. I do care, you know."

"I know," He sighed, rising to his feet. "I promise, nothing will go wrong."

"If you say so," I mumbled.

"Don't look so sad," Caesar said, tipping my chin up with two of his fingers. "I'll pick you up when we're done. Then I'll prove it'll be fine."

"You better," I said, leaning against the door as he left.

"He's just busy, is all," I said, sitting up. "He and my cousin are always up to something."

"Your cousin? Oh, you mean the tall one with brown hair. He's a real piece of candy too," Emily giggled.

"Sorry about your luck with that one. He's married," I said.

"Shame," She sighed, placing her chin in her palm. "Say, what time does your shift end?"

"Shouldn't be too much longer. Why?" I asked.

"The bar around the corner is still open. Do you want to go get a drink after?" She offered. "I'll pay."

"Hm. Sure, but only one or two. I don't want to get too drunk," I replied.

"Great. We can get shots of vod-"

Our conversation was cut short when the doors burst open. Two paramedics run inside.

"Code Blue!"

Both Emily and I jumped to our feet. "Situation?"

"Two males, early to mid-'20s, picked off the east side. Both with possible spinal cord injuries, fractured skull, and a possible punctured lung," One of them said.

"Prep room four, get them both in there carefully," I said, moving to grab a pager to page one of the surgeons.

"Hurry, Doctor!"

I cursed and jumped over the counter as Emily rushed out. I jogged down the hall after the paramedics.

"Keep trying to page a surgeon here," I ordered. "Do we have an ID on them?" I asked. I hadn't even glanced towards them yet. Honestly, I was afraid to. I hated code blues. Medical emergencies always made me scared.

"Caesar Zeppeli and Joseph Joestar,"

I felt my heart sink into my stomach. My eyes widened, my breath catching in my throat. The box of gloves slipped from my hand and fell to the floor at my feet.

What? No. This...wasn't right. It couldn't have been. Right? I swallowed hard and spun around. I felt like I was going to pass out.

Caesar was laid out on one of the beds, his eyes fluttering shut and open. His neck was being held still by a brace, and he was drenched with blood. Joseph wasn't any better.

"Focus, Y/n!" Emily called, bunching gauze up and pressed it against Joseph's stomach. "We need your head in the game!"

"R-Right!" I said, shaking my head. "Has anyone got a hold of a surgeon?"

"Nothing," A nurse said.

"Zeppeli's BP is dropping! We need to operate now, or he's going into shock!" Another yelled.

"Y/n, you're the only qualified person," Emily said, looking over at me as I grabbed his wrist with a shaking hand. I felt tears prick the corner of my eyes when he curled his fingers around my hand.

"I...I can't," I said in a shaky voice. "I-I can't-"

"If you don't, both of them will die!" She yelled. "You can do this, Y/n!"

I looked down at Caesar, a single tear passing over my cheek. He closed his eyes for a moment, before opening them to look up at me. I could see it then. His trust. His hope. He was just as scared as I was. I glanced back at Joseph, watching his chest barely rising and falling jaggedly. I saw Emily give me a firm nod. I looked back to Caesar. His hand weakly squeezed mine. I clenched my jaw.

"Get him on the table."