∆ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ∆

“Morning, Caesar,” I said, looking up from the cup of black liquid in front of me. Caesar shuffled in the doorway, raising a hand to the back of his neck as he rubbed there.

“How’d you sleep, lover boy?” The blonde shifted his gaze down, and I saw his eyes widen. “Care to explain the broken door frame?”

“Danny, knock it off,” I said, hitting his shoulder. “I already told you I did it.”

“Yeah, and I don’t believe it,” He hummed, folding his arms over his chest as he kicked his boots onto the kitchen table.

“Get your nasty feet off my table!” I barked, slapping the back of his head.

“OW! What the fuck, Y/n? I was setting the mood!” He yelled, rubbing the spot I struck him.

“Setting the mood, my ass! Quit being a jerk and go fix the door! And apologize to Caesar, too,” I huffed, taking the empty glass that he had four cups of coffee out of.

“Tch. Like hell,” He grumbled, standing up. Caesar walked inside as Daniel passed him, shooting a glare through his hazel eyes.

“Sorry about him,” I sighed. “Daniel is just an asshole.”

“It’s fine. He probably has a right to be,” Caesar said.

“He doesn’t, that’s the problem,” I said, shaking my head. “Do you want some coffee? I just made a fresh pot.”

“Sure,” He said. I sat at the table as he poured his glass.

“Sit,” I said, patting the seat beside me.

“Hey...I..wanted to thank you,” He said quietly, hesitantly flicking his eyes to me.

“For the coffee?” I hummed, swirling my spoon around the cup.

“N-no. For….nevermind,”

“I know what you’re talking about, Caesar,” I said, looking at him with a kind smile. “Last night, do you remember what you asked me?”

“No…” He said, and I could hear the anxiety in his tone.

“You asked me to stay with you, and clung to me like a little koala bear,” I said. “I didn’t leave, and I stayed there until you fell asleep. Then you wouldn’t let go.”

I saw his face turn bright red, and I giggled to myself. Both of us heard a loud bang come from down the hall, before a loud slew of curses. I sighed and shook my head. Daniel came down the hall, shaking his hand in the air and he grumbled under his breath.

“I’m starving,” He said, slinging open my fridge. “Y/n, where the hell is your food?”

“I work 18 hours a day, dummy. I haven’t been to the grocery store,” I said, bringing my cup to my lips.

“Then go get something! I’m hungry, woman! You can’t make me fix things and not feed me,” He whined. I placed my cup down.

“Give us a second to get dressed, and I’ll take you to the diner. But-” I said, pointing my finger at him. “Joseph, his wife, and his daughter were going to join us, so if you want breakfast, you better behave.” I saw Daniel’s eyes darken with anger.

“I told you to stay away-”

“You are not my father,” I said, glaring at him. “So get your panties out of a twist, grow up, and get over it. I’m not mad at them, I never have been, so neither should you.”

“You-”

“Not another word, Daniel Lee,” I said, making his eyes widen at the use of his middle name. “Come on, Caesar. Let’s get dressed.”