∆ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ∆

I kicked my foot onto the seat in front of me, the boots Speedwagon had given me thunking against the plastic surface. I pulled the strap to the band of the sheath around my thigh over my jeans. I tightened my shoelaces before standing up. I pulled the hair tie from around my wrist and gathered my h/l hair and tied it behind me. I looked down at the table, spotting the black choker.

“What the hell is this?!” I exclaimed, my eyes going wide as Speedwagon passed me a choker.

“Relax, Y/n!” He said, shaking his head with a chuckle. “It’s metal. When you put it around your neck, it prevents you from getting bitten. Caesar and Joseph will be wearing one as well. We can’t guarantee that if one of you gets bitten, the antidote would work on any of you. After all, all of you have been bitten once. If you get bitten again, the antidote might just be useless.”

“What makes you think that?” I asked.

“Your cells are already damaged from your previous attack from Nina. If I were to put your blood under a microscope, you’d more than likely have more damaged cells than healthy ones,” He explained. “It’s just the way vampirism attacks someone.”

“Are you ready?”

I looked towards the door, seeing Caesar leaning against the frame. I let my hands fall from my neck and rest on my collarbones with a nod. Caesar frowned and walked inside the room, slipping his hands into his pockets.

“Is there something the matter?” He asked, peering down at me. I couldn’t help but smile at his actions.

“No, I’m fine,” I said. “What gave you that idea?”

“Hm. You just seem off. Nervous?” He grinned. “Don’t worry, amore, I’ll protect you.”

“In your dreams, Zeppeli,” I said, making his eyebrows raise in surprise. “I’ll probably be the one saving you.”

“Ohoho?” He said, moving to stand in front of me. “Do you want to make a bet on that?”

“Making bets you know you’ll lose?” I smirked, flicking his forehead. “Everything okay up in there?”

“Do you want to make the bet, or not?” He smirked, eyes flashing with mischief. I looked the blonde man up and down.

“Depends on what the pros and cons are,” I replied.

“If you win, I’ll give you all the bragging rights, and I’ll admit that you aren’t helpless and that you’re stronger than I am,” He said. I felt interest spark inside of me, my ego flaring.

“And if I lose?” I asked, tilting my head to the side. This is when Caesar’s eyes darkened. I felt my heart skip a beat at the sight of the animalist glint in his eyes.

“If I win,” Caesar took one hand from his pocket and brought his fingers under my chin, tilting it up as he grinned down at me. “You have to kiss me.”

I felt my cheeks redden, but I kept my composure. “Nice try, Caesar. But you have to make me yours if you want that to ever happen.”

I turned to walk away, but stopped and gasped as Caesar grabbed the belt loops on the front of my jeans and yanked me back to him, pulling me flush against his hips. I felt my entire face heat up in a blush, my eyes going wide. Caesar looked down at me, his nose brushing against mine.

“What makes you think you don’t already belong to me?” He whispered. I felt my stomach flutter. But, I wasn’t going to play into his hands that easily, no matter how much I wanted to melt into his arms and press my lips against his.