∆ғɪғᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ (ғɪɴᴀʟ)∆

Ngl. I cried a little while I wrote this chapter. I'm really sad that it's finished, but do not worry babes. I have more plans. Just not right now.

I'm probably going to go on a small hiatus, just maybe until the end of this month or so. I need to focus on some other things, but I promise I'll be back soon.

This was 1.5 k words. Enjoy!

<3

....

“Ready?”

I looked up from the vanity to see Caesar standing in the doorway, leaning against the frame with his arms crossed over his broad chest. His lips turned into a smile as I stood, brushing out the yellow dress I wore.

“Yeah. Do I look okay? This isn’t too much, right?” I asked.

Days like these weren’t uncommon by now. A year had passed since the occurrences with Aaron. Vex and Echo had stuck around for about four more months, helping us clean everything up and while we recovered. Then, they left together to search after someone. They wouldn't speak of who, though. Daniel had met someone that hung around with Echo, a girl named Caroline, and now they were together and they had a son named Alex. I know. That was a shock for me too.

And Caesar and I were happy. Which brings us back to now. Most of the time, he would randomly tell me to get dressed, that he was taking me out. It’d become almost like a routine.

“You look fine, cara,” He said. “I love that dress.”

“Suzie got it for me,” I said, taking my purse from the vanity. “I think I have another like it somewhere.”

“You look good in yellow,” He complimented, flicking the light off before closing the door as we exited our home.

“T-thanks,” I blushed, smiling at him as he opened the car door for me. “So, are you going to tell me where we’re going now?”

“Nope,” He laughed, turning the car on.

“That’s not fair!” I whined, then giggled. “I always tell you what we’re doing!”

“That is your choice,” He chuckled, glancing from me to the road. “It’s a surprise for a reason, ciccio.”

“Yes, but I don’t like surprises, amore,” I mocked his voice, making him laugh harder at my poor impression.

“Was that supposed to be me?!”

“I think it was spot on,”

“You’re an idiot, Y/n,” He said. I grinned and twisted in the seat, laying my head on his lap as I looked up at him.

“But I’m your idiot,” I said. Caesar glanced down at me, raising an eyebrow as his jade green eyes gleamed with amusement.

“Unfortunately,”

“What do you mean, unfortunately?!”

I huffed as Caesar pulled my chair out before sitting across from me. “Stop pouting.”

“Meanie,” I mumbled, propping the menu in front of my face. Caesar snatched and leaned forward, grinning at me smugly. He pecked my lips before returning the menu, leaving me with a heated face. After we ordered our food, the rest of the dinner was spent either playfully making fun of each other or trying each other's food.

“Try this,” Caesar said, holding his glass out to me.

“I don’t like wine,” I said, wrinkling my nose.