∆ғɪғᴛʏ∆

“You look like a bird.”

Vex looked back at Joseph, raising an eyebrow at him. “What?”

“You’re literally perched in the window. You look like a bird,” The brunette said. Vex rolled their red eyes and looked back out of the window.

“Daniel, are you ready yet?” They asked.

“A-Almost,” He murmured, staring down at the vial in his hands.

“Hurry up and drink it, we don’t have time for you to have an existential crisis,” Vex sighed.

“Shut up,” He grumbled, tipping the vial back. He immediately gagged afterward. “What the fuck kind of blood even is this? It tastes like shit!”

“It’s deer blood,” Vex said, standing up in the window. “I don’t drink human blood.”

“Ugh,” He shuddered, walking towards the window. “Fucking nasty.”

“Shut up and let’s get started,” They said, glancing back. “Remember, you three are going out the back. We’ll take care of these goons. Aaron will follow after you. We’ll catch up.”

“Okay,” I nodded.

“Don’t die before we can save you!” Daniel called, giving me a brief hug before jumping out of the window after Vex. We heard him scream before Vex yelled at him, calling him an idiot. I laughed and shook my head.

“Let’s go,” Caesar chuckled.

“But this is so entertaining,” Joseph said in disappointment, opening the door.

“Well, since everyone is down there, there’s no one in the halls so let's go now,” I said, to which both males nodded. “Follow me.”

“I wanna be line leader,” Joseph frowned, pouting childishly.

“Jojo shut the hell up,” Caesar rolled his eyes. “Y/n knows this place better than anyone. She can make everything go faster.”

“Thank you, Caesar,” I huffed, opening the door.

Our steps were quiet, only actually audible when we started down the stairs. I couldn’t help but look around anxiously. I expected to run into some kind of trouble along the way, but nothing had happened. It felt too odd. Too quiet. To eerie.

I stopped when I heard a faint click. Caesar stopped as well, the both of them knocking into me when Joseph knocked into Caesar after not paying attention.

“Hey, fatass!” Caesar barked.

“Hey, it’s not my fault your girlfriend stopped so su-”

“Shut up!” I hissed, leaning over the railing. “I heard something.”

“Huh? What did you hear?” Joseph asked.

“Shut the fuck up and you might hear it!” I snapped. He fell silent, the three of us leaning over the railing. We heard another faint click and turned to look at each other. I turned back to walk down the last few stairs but paused when I saw a thin string.

“A tripwire? Seriously?” I scoffed, stepping over it. “Be careful you two-”

We froze as the string snapped. Joseph looked up at me with wide eyes.

“Are you fucking serious?” Caesar deadpanned.

“I wasn’t paying attention-”

“No shit Sherlock,” I groaned, wiping a hand over my face. “But it’s okay, I have a plan.”