∆ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ∆

“Wh-who are you?” I stuttered out, gripping the blade tighter.

“It doesn’t matter. Your friend should be fine after he wakes up. You don’t have to worry about him anymore either,” They said, nudging Mark in the side with the tip of their boots. They had a thick English accent.

“Did you kill him? Are you the one responsible for all this?” I demanded, some form of confidence forming in my voice.

“God no,” They said, cringing. “What he did to that poor dog was horrid. He’s the one who’s been fucking your city up. He’s been the one to turn half those men into vampires. He’s only unconscious as well.”

“Why did you do this?” I asked, shifting my weight carefully.

“Because I can’t have idiot people like him running around and killing innocent people,” They said, their lips snarking back. I felt my eyes widen when I saw their sharpened canine teeth.

“Y-You-”

“-aren’t going to hurt you,” They said, dropping into a crouch, resting their arms on their knees. Now it seemed as if their nails had gotten shorter, returning to a normal, short length. “I’m not going to eat you if that’s what you’re scared of. I only prey on small animals, like rabbits, not humans.”

“What kind of vampire doesn’t eat humans?” I said before I could fully think about what I said.

“The kind who has a grudge against other vampires,” They replied. “You’ve contacted help, haven’t you?”

“Y-yeah,” I muttered, watching as they stood up. “What are you doing?”

“I apologize for this in advance,” They said. “No hard feelings, Doc.”

I didn’t even get to utter a word before they were slamming their foot on my face. My vision went black instantly.

I woke up to a sharp pain in my nose, and pressure against it. I groaned and winced, opening my eyes and blinking to adjust to the light. I glanced up and saw Emily standing over me.

“Welcome back to the living, Doctor L/n,” She said, placing a hand on her hip as I sat up.

“Ow, crap,” I hissed, touching my nose lightly before quickly retracting my hand in pain. “What the hell?”

“When I said come in early, I didn’t mean on a stretcher. The cab driver dropped you and your friend from earlier off not too long ago. Said someone dropped you in paid him to take you here,” She said. “Paries picked up Dr. Malendez at his house. He died of his injuries.”

“Where’s Caesar?” I asked, looking up at her.

“Outside, I believe,” She sighed. “He made a few phone calls once he woke up. Your brother is outside with him too.”

“Great,” I huffed.

“Be careful when you get up, Y/n,” She warned. “You have a concussion.”

Jeez, I thought. That person must have a pretty damn good kick. “Alright,” I said, slipping from the bed. I took a moment to allow all the blood to settle before walking away. I found Caesar fairly quickly, standing beside Daniel, who was smoking a cigarette outside. They seemed to be talking together. I walked outside and quickly snatched the cigarette dangling from my brother’s lips before dropping it and stepping on it.

“What the fuck?” He yelled, before realizing I was standing there. “When the hell-”

“Don’t smoke,” I said. “And I woke up a few minutes ago. Are you alright, Caesar?” I noticed some sterile strips on his forehead, closing the gash there.