∆ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ∆

"I'm going to knock you out, dammit!" I yelled, turning around. Caesar froze in the door, his hand on the frame as he looked at me in surprise.

"I, uh, thought you left already," He mumbled.

"If you keep moving around like that, you aren't going to heal any faster!" I scolded, wiping my hands on my pants before walking towards him.

About two weeks after that day in the hospital, Caesar came back to stay with me. Joseph was also home, and I was getting calls from Suzie for me to yell at her husband who thought it was a good idea to go down a flight of stairs with a cast over his leg. Caesar wasn't any better, though. He was still recovering, yet he thought he could do normal things around my apartment. Yesterday, he tried to lift some boxes from my closet that I was putting into storage to make room for him and failed horribly. He was as stubborn as an ox, and he was going to be the death of me.

"Weren't you supposed to go to the store?" He asked, sighing as I forced him to sit on the couch.

"I sent Daniel out for them," I said, crossing my arms over my chest, glaring down at him.

"What? It's-" He looked outside, seeing that the sun had already set. "...nighttime."

"Yeah, genius," I said, leaning down to flick him in the forehead. "You slept all day."

"It's not my fault. You keep knocking me out," He muttered, rubbing the spot where I flicked him.

"Cause you won't quit moving around!" I said in exasperation. "Caesar, you're so stubborn, do you know that? If you keep moving around, you're going to bust your stitches and reopen all your wounds. If you don't know, your lung was punctured. You can't move around so much."

"Y/n, cara, you worry too much," He sighed, grabbing my shirt and pulling me down beside him. I huffed and faced him.

"I have a great reason to worry," I fretted with a frown. "I know you're trying to act all big and tough-" Caesar laughed at my impression of him. "-but you aren't right now. I know you feel helpless, and you don't like being pampered. But, come on, Caesar. There isn't much you can do right now. Just admit that you need help."

"I don't," He grumbled, making me fall back on the couch cushions with a dramatic groan. "I can do things myself!"

"WHY WON'T YOU LET ME TAKE CARE OF YOU?!" I yelled into my hands, before rolling off the couch.

"Y/n, babe, you're being dramatic," Caesar said, placing his chin in his palm as he propped his arm on his leg and looked down to the floor where I was laying.

"Fine, if you think I'm being so dramatic, then I'll stop," I said, standing to my feet.

"Wait, Y/n, I didn't mean to sound-"

I brushed his hand off me and walked away, into the kitchen. Why couldn't he see I just wanted to help him? I was only acting like that to make him laugh and to hide how nervous I really was. I was so afraid of losing him, it actually hurt me. Seeing him like that was only adding a weight to my shoulders. He thought of himself as a burden to me, but in reality, I wanted to do nothing but take care of him. Hell, he could break every bone in his body and I'd still sit by his side and help him.

"I'm back from the motherfucking dead, bitches!" I jumped as my front door swung open, and Daniel literally jumped inside, holding up a bag of groceries. A moment later, something was thrown at the back of his head, making him stumble forward.

"Stop yelling. You'll wake everyone in the neighborhood up," Vex walked inside, softly closing the door behind them.

"Oi, that hurt!" Daniel barked. I hit him over the head as I took the bag from his arms.