chapter two

I groan as the bright light seeping through my window disrespectfully wakes me up from my sleep. I pout and raise the duvet over my head trying to block out the brightness. But it's no use, I'm awake now and once I'm up, I can't go back to sleep.

I roll over and check the time on my phone. It's eleven thirty. Lucky me. I forgot to set my alarm last night and I have a meeting with my advisor at one. Maybe the sun knew what it was doing after all.

After I lazily stay in my comfortable position for a few minutes, I roll my body out of bed and go into the kitchen to grab a quick bite to eat before I get ready for the day.

Anna and Caroline are still asleep since they don't have anything to do today and they were a lot more trashed last night than I was. They probably won't get up until around three.

Once I get in the kitchen I realize we actually don't have any breakfast food, or really any food at all. Guess I'm adding grocery shopping to the list of things I have to do today.

I run upstairs and quickly take a shower. Then I get dressed in a pair of jean shorts and a Yale t-shirt. I tie my hair up in a ponytail and then slip on my white Vans. I grab my phone and my keys, and then leave the apartment.

I stop by the local coffee shop to grab a quick bite to eat and then chill in the car until it's time for me to meet with my advisor.

"Take a seat Miss Harrington" my advisor Dr. Warren says when I walk into her office. I give her a smile and sit in the chair across from her.

"Well I wanted to say first that you have done an excellent job your first two years here, you should be very proud of yourself. You are exactly where you need to be and your third year should be a breeze if you keep doing what you're doing" she smiles.

"Thank you" I reply returning her smile.

"Okay before I give you your schedule I'm just going to give you a run down of all your classes"

I nod my head for her to continue.

"So from now until the middle of November your biggest course will be connection to the world. That covers topics such as the nervous, sensory, spinal cord, and brainstem motor systems. Also cognitive and behavioral disorders amongst a few other things. Then from the middle of November to the end of the semester your biggest course will be across the lifespan which covers topics like conception, pregnancy and birth, child development and things like that. Then your three minor classes this semester will be professional and ethical responsibility, biostatistics, and human anatomy. Lastly you have clinical skills as a class this year which will provide you with with some hands on learning experiences"

I nod my head trying not to be too overwhelmed. I know once my classes start I'll be fine.

"I know it sounds like a lot but it's only five classes which is less than you're used to" she says as she pulls some papers out from her desk.

"Okay this is your schedule and attached is the paper that lists all the books you will need for each class"

"Thank you so much Dr. Warren" I say taking the papers.

"No problem, drop by my office if you need anything"

I get up from the chair and then walk out of the office. As I'm walking to my car, I hear someone call my name. I turn around and immediately let out an unflattering and uncharacteristic squeal when I see who it is.

I jump into Lukes arms wrapping my legs around his waist and hugging him tightly. He wraps his arms around me hugging me back just as tight.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ask once we finally let go of each other.