chapter four

It's Wednesday now, and I've pushed everything weird that happened on Monday back so far that it is just a distant memory. My brain does that, it makes me forget things that my subconscious doesn't want to remember. Funny how your body works right?

Anyway, any predictions that that weird stalker guy was, he who not be named, is out of the question. It can't be him, not after he's been gone for four years. It's impossible. Quite frankly after what happened, him coming here would be like one of those horror movies where the main character gets murdered and wakes up on the same day over and over again just to keep getting murdered.

Maybe that wasn't the best analogy, but my point is that it would be a living hell.

So I'm glad that there is absolutely no chance that it was him. It could have been anyone really, I mean grey eyes aren't that rare.

I change out of my scrubs and get dressed so I can go help Coach Lena with the timed trials for track. We have to wear scrubs for the clinical skills class because it's supposed to be a real-life experience. We didn't do much today because it was the first day, but I'm excited for the class. I've been itching to do some real, hands on medical work.

I put on my black nike track shorts and black nike tank top to match. I tie my hair in a ponytail and slip on my running shoes. I pack a small bag with water, my stopwatch, a few snacks, and a portable charger for my phone.

"Care you ready?" I ask as I walk down the stairs.

"Yeah" she grabs her bag and gets up from the couch and we leave the apartment.

The track is only a five minute jog from here but we take my car because Caroline needs to save her energy for her races and I always take my car to meets just in case we run out of something and I need to go to the store, which believe it or not, happens pretty often.

Once we get to the track, I wish Caroline luck and she joins the team to go warm up. Today isn't a race against other teams, they are just running against each other to see which group they will practice with. The lower your time is, the more advanced group you practice with. My job is to time everyone with Coach Lena and the assistant coach and then after everyone is done running we compare times and group them accordingly.

"Go get the cooler and fill it up with water and then bring it out and put it by the finish line. Only put a little bit of ice in it" I order two of the boy freshmen who are siting on the ground doing nothing. "And bring out three extra water jugs"

They nod their heads and walk to the locker room. I sit my bag on the bench and take out my stopwatch just as Coach Lena approaches me.

"Hey babes" she smiles greeting me.

"Hey Lena" I smile back.

"So we are just going to start with the one hundred meter sprints and then work our way up to the ten thousand meter run. Corey is going to do the field events and the rosters for each race are on the table under the tent so you can record the times there"

I nod my head.

"Oh and also can you get the first aid kit from my office just in case?" She asks.

"Yeah of course"

I set my stop watch down and walk over to the locker room. As I'm walking past the bleachers I spot Danny, Kyle, and Anna. They wave at me and I chuckle waving back. There is a few people here to support their friends because this is pretty important for the runners. That's why Anna, Kyle, and Danny showed up. Although even if Caroline wasn't running I'm pretty sure Danny and Kyle would still be here because their sole mission is to watch the girls run. Pervs.