Sickness Strikes Back

A/n: I know that I have been MIA for almost a month, and I am SO SORRY.  Thank you all so much for the patience it really means the world that I have such loyal readers.  I just had some personal stuff going on and I had a bad depressive episode again, so finding time to write was difficult.  

So, back on track, this story is winding down with just a handful of chapters left.  The Order 66 arc is just around the corner, and so thanks again for the support throughout these last six months.  I truly couldn't have made it this far without you all 😘  But don't worry, the possibility of a sequel is on the table, and more content is still on its way!

Thanks to @CT-2103 for requesting this, sorry again for the wait!  When putting temperatures, I wrote both the Celsius and Fahrenheit so use which ever!  Ok enough from me, ON TO THE STORY! 

Editing complete

No one enjoys getting sick. That we all know for sure. Especially in the case of five super commandos who believed themselves to be completely immune to any and every illness known to man-kind.  Despite this, Abby had to insist that something was wrong when Tech, who had been the first to show symptoms, had entered the galley with her and Hunter that early morning.  His eyes were red and watery, his voice scratchy and hoarse, and his shoulders slumped from exhaustion.

"You look terrible," she remarked when he entered, scanning him up and down.

"How rude," the technician grumbled as he sunk into a chair. He had immediately rested his head down, his face unusually pale.

"She has a point," Hunter agreed, taking notice of his little brother's state.

"I'm fine, just didn't sleep well," Tech mumbled as his eyes began to droop.

"Did you sleep at all?" Abby asked, raising an eyebrow.

She and Hunter shared a knowing look and he began digging through the cupboards for a thermometer.

"Just a couple hours," came Tech's sleepy reply, not yet noticing the thermometer in Hunter's hand.

The Sergeant tossed it to Abby discreetly, knowing that Tech wouldn't comply with getting his temperature taken.  So without waiting for his consent, she wordlessly pressed it to Tech's forehead.

"What are you doing?" he demanded; jerking his head away from the small device. Thankfully, Abby had already received the reading.

"Just tired, huh? You have a fever," she informed him.

"I don't get sick," he insisted, but his voice was still obviously hoarse, much to his own dismay.

"Nice try.  Go back to bed," Hunter ordered him, pointing to the door.

"I'm fine though!" Tech protested weakly but his older brother was already dragging him out of the galley and back to his bed.

"You're going to bed, Techie," Hunter sighed as he did.

"But I don't want to!  I have work to do!" Tech fought, trying to tug his hand away from his brother's iron grip, but to no avail.

But they had already reached his door.  Hunter pushed inside him and onto to his bed, ignoring the hoarse protests.  Tech's sheets had been carelessly strewn across the floor around it from a restless night of sleep, but Hunter scooped them up and tossed them back over his baby brother, who was already lying stiffly on the mattress.

"Rest now.  Sergeant's orders," Hunter instructed, tugging the blankets up to his vod's chin.

It was pretty rare for him to pull rank, but when his team was being especially difficult, it was useful to have the upper-hand.