The Bounty Hunter and the Beginning

A/N Hello my readers!  This is my first ever fanfic, so constructive criticism would be appreciated!  Basically, this book going to be a collection of short stories and story arcs.  If you have a request, please message me and I will see what I can do!  Please leave a comment and/or vote if you enjoy, they encourage me to write!  That being said, on to the story.😉

Edit: Okay, so looking back and re-reading this, I realize that my writing quality  goes WAY up from this.  Please don't give up on the book after reading the first two chapters, trust me it gets better.  Starting from chapter 3 is when it gets good.  I am thinking about going back and rewriting chapters 1 and 2 because all the other chapters are like 10x better.  😂😂😂

Editting complete(grammar, switching to 3rd person POV) If you find any inconsistencies in person or tense, please let me know so I can fix them!

3rd person POV

Abby Haywood was lounging in her Batuu apartment living room, reviewing data from her precious bounties.  It wasn't an ideal way to spend her time off, but nonetheless, the work needed to be done.  Just as she was fathoming a break, Abby's commlink buzzed to life.

"Paging Abby," a cheerful voice spoke from the device. 

Abby recognized the voice immediately: her best friend, Robbie Fuller. Setting down her datapad, she instead picked up the commlink off he surface of her glass coffee table, curious as to why he would be calling at that late hour.  Pressing the button to answer, she raised the device closer to her face.

"What's up, Robbie?" Abby asked.

"I have a job for you. Can you meet me in hallway 3-B?" Robbie informed her. 

'What is this about? He could have been more specific. Kriff, I hate surprises.' Abby thought dreadingly.

"I'll be right there" she replied instead, resigning to Robbie's vague request.

"See you in a minute!" Robbie chirped.

Abby arose from her place at her desk, slipping her commlink into her pant pocket.  She snatched her leather jacket and compact boots from beside her bed and pulled them on before making her way to towards the exit door of her apartment.  Opening it, she found herself in the hallway of the A-frame steeled complex, which stretched in both directions.   Abby went right, towards the second hallway on her floor since Robbie was probably already waiting for her.  

The complex wasn't anything glorious with its chipping, grey tile floors and sturdy walls.  The hallway overlooked into the center atrium/lobby of the building, where there was probably some sort of illegal activity going on, like usual.  The complex was located on the backwater planet of Batuu, an Outer Rim planet on the very edge of the galaxy, and a common place of gangsters and smugglers.  Therefore dodgy individuals, illicit drug deals, and what Abby had to assume to be felonious mafia meet ups weren't uncommon on the planet. 

But shady or not, Batuu had become her home.  Despite being pretty far away from Abby's home planet of Mandalore, Abby had adapted to the cut-and-run style of living of the planet.  In short, she had left her parents when she was thirteen, ignoring any common sense she had to become a mercenary. She had pretty much been on her own since, except for Robbie.  Even at the age of sixteen, the young bounty hunter was constantly searching for her next job.  She hoped that Robbie had found one worth her time.

As for Robbie, he was her best friend and has been ever since she could remember. When Abby made the escape from Mandalore, he was there with her. Robbie was three years older than her, so nineteen.  His family owned a Mandolarian armory and weaponry. He still lived on Mandalore, working in the family business, but visited Batuu often to visit Abby and sell the armor in the Blackspire Outpost.