Birthday presents

A/N: Hey gang  I am backkkk!  Ok, so thanks to @thejedirose for suggesting this!  It was such a coincidence because my birthday was earlier this week and the chapter I planned happened to be Abby's birthday 😂 So I guess that Abby's birthday is October 1st.  

Also, the anooba (an anooba is basically the Star Wars dog for people who don't know) breed that I mentioned on the chapter is something I made up so it's not actually canon.  Oh yeah, just one more thing.....THIS BOOK IS #1 IN THE CLONES TAGGGGGGGGG!  So thank you  all so much, I couldn't have done this without you!  So with no further ado, enjoy the latest chapter of this mess!

Editing complete

That week was Abby's seventeenth birthday. As the Bad Batch had no idea what they were doing, they saved the birthday shopping until the last minute. So now, Abby's birthday was only a day away and none of the Batchers had any ideas on what to get her. Therefore, they made a stop in Batuu's Black Spire Outpost, panicking about what the hell they were supposed to do. But to be fair, none of them had gone shopping for a teenager (almost adult) before.  When they were her age, they were still on Kamino, so birthday celebrations usually included sneaking against-regulation food and drinks into the barracks and staying up all night to play card games.

So that day, Hunter gave Abby a large handful of credits and told her to go out for lunch and have fun. That way, they could have time alone to find a gift for her. Abby happily agreed so the four brothers were currently in Black Spire Outpost's marketplace, more specifically, the Creature Stall.

"We should get her an anooba puppy!" Wrecker exclaimed, grinning excitedly when he saw their cage.

"No," Hunter stated flatly, already looking to leave the store.  He hated animals.

"Why not?" Wrecker whined, looking deflated.

"We live on my ship and I say no puppy. Under no circumstances will we be staying in the same living space with an animal of any kind," Hunter said indifferently.

"But, Hunter! It has been scientifically proven having pets can help improve mental health, reduce stress, prevent loneliness, and anoobas specifically make good watch and hunting dogs! It would be the perfect gift for Abby!" Tech protested, clearly on the same side as Wrecker.

"No. Puppy. And that's final.  Are we clear?" Hunter ordered, staring at them intently.

"Clear," Wrecker and Tech both grumbled dejectedly.

"Good. Cross and I are going to look somewhere else to look," Hunter stated. He and Crosshair then wandered off somewhere else in the marketplace, clearly at a loss for ideas. As soon as they were out of eyesight, Wrecker journeyed back to the cage that held the young anooba dogs. Tech was about to follow his other two older brothers like a little lost puppy (ironic) when he noticed Wrecker.

"Wrecker! What are you doing?" Tech demanded.

"We are getting Abby a puppy anyways!" Wrecker explained, grinning at his own mischievousness. "I mean, you said it yourself. It would be the perfect gift! Besides, Sarge will take one look at Abby's excitement and change his mind about it anyways. Come on, don't act like you aren't on my side!  I'm right and you know it!"

Tech sighed at his older brother's statement and bit his lower lip, thinking about it.

"Alright fine, but the gift is from both of us," Tech relented.

"Deal! Now we get to pick one!" Wrecker agreed excitedly.

After about a half hour of inspecting the different breeds of anoobas (partly Wrecker was just looking for an excuse to hold them all) Wrecker and Tech had settled on a little white and grey Lorem Anooba. They were quite smaller and gentler than the average of the breed, often used as service and hunting dogs. They were loyal towards their owners and were good pets, both intelligent and good companions. Both of the two split the cost of the puppy and agreed not to tell Hunter or Crosshair until Abby' birthday when she received her presents.