Not Quite Bulletproof

A/N: Hi guys!  I had a very stressful week so I needed some hurt/comfort angst and fluff.  So I hope you like worried Crosshair because he gives me life.  But Friday is my last day of school before break so hopefully I will be able to write more and relax some.  Love you all ♥️♥️♥️

Editing Complete

"What are we doing today?" Abby questioned Hunter as the Bad Batch lounged around the Havoc Marauder's cabin.

"Retrieval mission.  Raiding a thug hideout," the Sergeant replied, scanning his holopad for the mission's debriefing.

"Are we blowing it up!?" Wrecker asked excitedly, perking up with anticipation.

"Yeah," Hunter nodded, already bracing for his brother's loud cheers.

"OH HELL YEAH!"

"You might be excited, but I think it sounds dull," Crosshair lamented.

"How?! There'll be firepower!"  Wrecker argued, looking at his vod with such disbelief you might think he had grown an extra limb.

"Sounds fun to me," Echo shrugged.  "What about you Tech?  Abby?"

"No complaints," Tech mused.

"Well I'm with Cross.  We've done with millions of times.  Just more action to blur with the rest," Abby remarked.

"It doesn't matter if you think it's boring.  We've got a job to do," Hunter pointed out. 

"What does matter is that Echo, Tech, and I win.  The majority says that the mission is fun; three to two," Wrecker grinned triumphantly.

"Hold that thought, Hunter hasn't said.  Sarge, what's your vote?  Dull or fun?" Abby inquired.

He sighed at the antics, but answered anyways.  "Dull."

"Ha, it's a tie now!" Abby smirked.

"Well we need a tie breaker!" Wrecker argued.

"Ask one of Tech's computers for an equation, that'll clear it up," Crosshair suggested sarcastically.

"Don't be silly, computers don't do that," Tech pointed out.

"Then make them do it."

"Enough banter, we're almost there," Hunter interrupted them before the argument could go any further.  "Get your armor, I want you all ready in ten minutes."

"Yes, dad," Abby, Crosshair, and Wrecker all muttered universally under their breaths.

"I heard that!" Hunter glared.

"No you didn't."  Abby said blandly while Echo snickered and Wrecker avoided Hunter's menacing gaze.

******************************************************************************
After a time skip of an undetermined length, the Bad Batchers were tucked in between the trees of the forest where the pirates had made camp.  The pirates marched around with weapons tied to their hips, and beige tents and large metal crates were scattered around the forest clearing.  Mostly smuggled goods and illegal spice, Abby had presumed.  In the center of the camp was a cave, which according to scans, was where central base.

"Crosshair and Abby, you two are keeping guard.  Sniping positions.  Take that sentry post and shoot from there," Hunter ordered, pointing to a raised platform.

"Yes, sir," Abby gave a two-fingered salute while Crosshair simply nodded.

"What about us, Sarge?" Wrecker asked.