The Fall of a Family (Order 66-Part 4)

A/n: Release all the sound that are trapped in your mind....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Being able to rest right before a mission was both a blessing and a curse, in Abby's opinion at least. On one hand, you could be energized and therefore able to concentrate and perform at your best. On the other hand though, motivation to get out of bed was always remarkably slim. Unfortunately, that was how Abby felt as she was being shaken awake from her deep sleep.

'Too early. Leave me alone,' she thought drowsily, only half awake.

"Abby, we're exiting hyperspace. Time to get up," Hunter's voice informed her as she rolled over in an attempt to fall asleep again.

"No," she whined, trying to swat his hand away.

"C'mon, you need to get your gear on," Hunter prompted, shaking her again.

"Why?" she grumbled as she opened her eyes all the way.

Hunter was in fact sitting on the edge of her bed, smirking at her disgruntled state in amusement. He himself was fully armored up other than his helmet, which he had probably left in the cockpit or something.

"We're back at Kamino, about to enter atmo." the Sergeant answered as his hand went to playfully ruffle her hair.

"I'm up, I'm up, stop messing with my hair," she grumbled, pushing him away.

"Your bed-head is so bad that I made no noticeable difference," Hunter laughed.

"Funny," she scowled as she finally sat up.

She rubbed the tiredness out of her eyes as she climbed out of her bed. Carelessly she plopped down on the floor where she had previously abandoned her armor and began pulling it on piece by piece as she fought back her yawn.

"I'll meet you in the cockpit," Hunter said, patting her shoulder.

"Mhm," she hummed, still sleepy.

After she had finished gearing up, she went to her refresher to fix her hair since Hunter had teased her about it. Though his remarks were justifiable; her usually wavy blonde hair had become tangled and stuck up unpredictably in every direction.

She grabbed her comb from the counter and brushed it through the strands until they laid the way she wanted them. She dug around her small collection of hair supplies for a moment before finding a rubber band. By now, her hair was a little shorter than Hunter's, a good length to keep it inside her helmet but long enough that she could style it when she wanted to. Of course, she preferred to keep it up while on missions so it wouldn't get in the way.

'Maybe Cross will braid it for me when we get back,' she mused as she tied her hair into a simple ponytail. The thought made her smile to herself. He could hold up that cold, callous persona all he wanted, but she was well-aware of how much of a softie he really was.

'I wonder if he's in a better mood now?'

With that new found curiosity, Abby made her way out of the refresher and out of her bedroom. On her way she snatched her helmet from her nightstand and tucked it under her arm then did a once-over, making sure she had all of her weapons and gear. Once she was sure she had everything, she marched to the cockpit, where the all others were waiting.

"I'm getting no response from the comm-scan. This is unusual," Tech was saying as she walked in.

"Bring us in. We'll find out what's going on," Hunter ordered.