Late Night Messages

A/n: So this is just a short, sort of Valentines Day special.  It's not really a full chapter length since I only wrote it today, but it's just under 1000 words.  So enjoy some messages between Abby and Jesse on her way to Kaller.  This is kind of short, it sort of ties into something that will happen in the last chapter btw.  I can't believe there's just a few chapters left now...

   As the Havoc Marauder sped through hyper-space, the Bad Batch were congregated together again, sitting around a coffee table, each holding a hand of cards. The journey to Kaller was pretty dull, so the soldiers had taken up another game of Sabbac. To make it more interesting, Wrecker had proposed that they bring money into it. Naturally, Crosshair's outstanding gambling skills had come into play, and he had swept the floor with the others.

"I fold!" Echo exclaimed in defeat after having lost 150 credits to the sniper alone.

The man in question smirked pridefully while the others muttered in begrudging agreement with their newest member.

"Hate to be a quitter, but I'm going to bed," Abby declared, standing up from her spot on the floor.

"Aww, scared to lose again?" Crosshair taunted as he shuffled the deck in his hands.

"Yes," she grumbled. Hunter and Cross both snorted in amusement by her bluntness but neither said anything as she headed to her room.

"Night, boys," she called from down the hall before opening her bedroom door.

A chorus of "Good nights!" followed before Abby slipped into her room. She readied herself for bed, stiff and tired from the work on Kashyyyk. Besides that, it was late, probably after midnight.

After she had dressed in her pajamas (sweatpants and an oversized T-shirt), brushed her teeth, and turned out the light, she was about to climb into bed, but a chime from her holopad stopped her.

'Who the hell is messaging me at this time of night?'

She blindly grabbed it from her nightstand beside her and powered it on. The bright screen burned her eyes, but she blinked a couple times and ignored it.

'New message from: Jesse' the screen read.

Abby elatedly clicked on the message and smiled as she scanned it.

Italics=Jesse

Bold=Abby

Hi, babe, I saw your message :). Sorry for taking a couple hours to respond. The campaign is going well, though I was trapped behind enemy lines for a while. Don't worry about me though, I just had check up in the medbay and was cleared but was ordered bed rest until tomorrow.

Abby frowned to herself in concern and typed a reply.

Sorry to hear that, but at least you're ok :(

Everything turned out ok in the end. How did your mission go?

She snorted to herself a little but smiled, remembering all the arson involved with her latest mission.

Chaotic, but that's normal. Lots of firepower involved

I still don't know how you handle all the excitement. Even General Skywalker isn't as reckless

You get used to it 😂 How's your mission going btw?

Really well for the most part. We might actually be getting out of here soon. Which reminds me I have a surprise for you the next time we see each other ;)

Ooh what is it!?

If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise.

Abby huffed a sigh as she read his text then typed one of her own.

You're no fun

Trust me, it'll be worth the wait

Alright if you insist

I do. What have you been up to besides missions?

Just played some Sabbac.

How did it go?

I lost 100 credits to Crosshair, he swept the table 

Oof 😂

Not funny

Yes it is

Well what are you up to right now?

There's still some fighting going on here, but since I was ordered with bed rest, I am stuck in the barracks. I feel useless over here.

Sorry babe

Don't be. Assuming this assault goes well, we could be shipping out in the next couple days.

That's great! Maybe we can see each other again then. It could be that the next time we meet up the war would be over, or just about. 😃

Something to look forward to then 😁 Speaking of which, do you have any plans for after all this is over?

Not really. Hopefully seeing you a lot more 😘

Yeah, I miss you a lot when I'm shipped out 🥺💙

I miss you too ❤️

I wish I was with you and not in these kriffing barracks.😢

Do you think Captain Rex would notice if I just kidnapped you and took you with us?🥰😍😘

Well I would hope so 😑

Shame, I was already formulating an escape plan.

I don't think Sergeant Hunter would particularly enjoy seeing me everyday anyways 😝

Hunter could suck it up and he'd warm up to you anyways 😋

You're right, I'll just live in with you, fuck Hunter 😎

Abby stifled a laugh as she entered her next message

Nah I'd rather do you 😏

Is that an offer? 😏

Maybe 🤓

Damn 🥵😎😏

I hate to cut this short but I gtg

It's ok I understand. I should probably be off to bed, we arrive on Kamino in just a couple hours anyways. Love you!💘❤️💖💞

Love you too, beautiful💕

I'll message you after evaluations tomorrow. Hopefully everything's going well on your end💋💋💋

Ok can't wait to see you :)

Abby placed her holopad back on the nightstand, ready to get a couple hours sleep before her arrival on Kaller.

Before everything would change