The Bad Batch and 501st (Bad Batch arc pt.1)

A/N: Guess who just wrote the book's longest chapter yet in 3 days! ME.  The final word count? 5800 words!  It's funny because this is my longest chapter yet but it's also the quickest I have gotten a chapter out.  Not sure if the next chapter will be out so soon, but we'll see!  I keep forgetting to say it, but I published an art book a couple weeks ago and there's Star Wars art in there so if you want you can take a look. 

NOW THE TIME WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR HAS ARRIVED.  I am psyched.  Enjoy.  This will probably take you a while to read. :)

"EMBRACE OTHERS FOR THEIR DIFFERENCES, FOR THAT MAKES YOU WHOLE."

"TECH SLOW DOWN BEFORE YOU CRASH INTO SOMEONE!" Abby yelled at him as he brought the Havoc Marauder down to land. They had arrived at Anaxes after flying through the night, but Tech's piloting skills were lacking that day. Abby always warned him that someday his late night tinkering would catch up to him, and it seemed that the day had arrived.

"Sorry!" Tech exclaimed nervously as he lowered the ship onto the landing platform. Crates scattered across the platform from the wind created by the ship and Abby pinched the bridge of her nose in disgust.

"Next time, I will pilot," she sighed.

Tech grimaced and flushed pink from embarrassment and quickly grabbed his helmet off the ship's center console, wanting to hide his face. Abby followed the suite before trailing after Tech into the cabin, where everyone else was waiting.

"That...wasn't your best landing, Techie," Hunter grimaced.

Although his face was hidden by his helmet, Abby knew that he flushed even further.

"Sorry," he mumbled.

"I told you not to stay up so late into the morning," Abby smirked under her helmet and punched his shoulder playfully.

Tech rolled his eyes at her as Hunter opened the door to the Havoc Marauder. He led the way down the steps, closely followed by Tech, Crosshair, Abby, and Wrecker.

"The cavalry has arrived!" Wrecker yelled excitedly as he exited the ship.

As they maneuvered down the steep steps, Abby's eyes trailed to the four clones standing before her. In an instant, she recognized the man with orange and white armor and a sweeping scar on his face as Commander Cody. The other three she didn't know. Unlike Cody, they all wore blue and white armor. One's helmet, which was pinned to his side, had dark blue Jaig eyes painted above the visor. His hair was buzzed short and blonde in color. The second clone had a medic symbol on his armor and Abby briefly noticed him muttering something to his comrade, who wore ARC trooper armor and had the symbol of the Republic tattooed on the side of his head.

'Huh, so Hunter isn't the only one who tattoos half of his face,' Abby thought to herself, partially amused.

As they stepped down, Tech, Wrecker, Hunter, and Crosshair removed their helmets, facing the "regs".

"Sergeant, good to see you again," Commander Cody spoke, taking Hunter's hand (Why did he grab almost of Hunter's arm in the show?  is it some military handshake? Idk just roll with it).

"You too, sir," Hunter nodded respectfully.

Abby knew for a fact that even though the Bad Batch had much disdain towards authority, Cody was one of the few GAR officers they actually looked up to. The way that the Bad Batch saw it, you had to earn their respect; and they had high standards.