An Insurrection on Yalbec Prime

A/N: HELLO MY PEOPLE!  This chapter was a little difficult to write because there are NO FREAKING RESOURCES ON YALBECS.  Literally the only useful thing on the Wookipedia page was that they were insectoid creatures.   That's it.  No description, nothing about what Yalbec Prime, just plain nothing.  So, everything about the Yalbecs, Yalbec Prime, and the reasoning for the insurrection was made by me.  It's not technically canon, but this is just my personal way of writing it. So now the first 5 or so paragraphs look like I was writing a report on a county or something lol.  The insurrection part was inspired by the conflict between the Spanish and the Aztecs in 1520 though.  The next few chapters might come out early since I just have to watch the Bad Batch episodes.  There will be minor changes to those, since Abby will be there too, but nothing major.  Anyways, sorry for keeping you, enjoy the chapter!

Editing complete

The Bad Batch's next mission was putting down an insurrection on Yalbec Prime. The Yalbec natives had risen in a well-organized and violent rebellion against the Republic, led by the Yalbec queen. Despite the Republic's many warnings to the alien species, they had still refused to stand down.

Why was a single planet so important to the Republic? Yalbec Prime had become a vital planet to the Republic's war efforts. The planet was fruitful in its production of oils and fuels and had become one of the main supplies to the Grand Army of the Republic, next to the planet of Malastare. The various fuels were needed for powering the Republic's star-ships and battle equipment. Without it, the Republic's forces would be severely weakened and possibly unfunctionable.

The Republic had sent a negotiator to the planet about a year before and the Yalbec queen agreed to give the Republic a share of their fuels with sums of credits as compensation. Unfortunately, the Republic's demands had gone higher and higher as the war went on, forcing the Yalbec to work more and more. The Yalbecs seemed to have gotten sick of the increasing demand, production, and labor in their oil mines, and had gone on strike several weeks before. They had demanded a larger sum of credits in exchange for their products if the Republic wanted to continue the trade.  A sum that the Republic couldn't afford.

The Republic didn't alter the arrangement and only insisted that they continue the productions, along with a threatening warning not to disobey the orders. The Yalbec queen was then killed by her own people because of the mess and she was replaced by a new leader. A group of Yalbec, led by the new queen, had risen in a full-blown rebellion against the Republic; becoming more and more violent by the day, and even threatening to supply their fuels to the Separatists. That was a loss the Republic couldn't afford.

So now, Hunter, Tech, Crosshair, Wrecker, and Abby were preparing for their landing on Yalbec Prime, in the Havoc Marauder as usual. Tech was piloting the ship and spewing out random facts about the Yalbecs and their native planet as Wrecker was lifting the ship's gonk droid like a weight. Crosshair was silent as usual, chewing on his prized toothpicks and had his arms folded stiffly against his chest, leaning against the wall lazily. Hunter was with Wrecker and Crosshair in the cabin, preparing himself, his weapons, and his armor for the mission's expected heavy labor. Meanwhile, Abby was sharpening her vibroblades in the cockpit with Tech, preparing her blades for the day's work.

"How much longer until we arrive?" she asked him.

"We'll be landing in just a few minutes! Can you tell the others?" Tech replied.

"Sure."

She opened the door and briefly stepped out to deliver the message.

"BOYS GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER WE'RE ABOUT TO LAND!" she yelled before stepping back into the cockpit.