Blinded by Hatred-Part 1

A/N:  I am backkkkk!  Few things before this chapter.  

(1) This one is part of a story arc, taking place a couple months after the Clone Wars episode, 'Arc Troopers'.  I hope you enjoy, this will be in two or three parts, depending on how much stuff I have happen in the next chapter.  

(2) I had a thought the other day.  Do you think that I am making the Bad Batchers act too OOC?  Please tell me if I am, I want to become a better writer, and your feedback helps me do that.

(3) I can also proudly say that I am almost to 1K reads.  I want to do something special when I reach it, so does anyone have suggestions?  If you do, please let me know!

sorry for the long A/N, please enjoy the story!  :D

TW: brief talk of torture

As Tech and Abby piloted the Havoc Marauder through hyper-space, Abby couldn't help the growing feeling of dread in the pit of her stomach. The Bad Batchers were on their way to Kaminoan cloning facility, Topica City once again.  Apparently, there had been rumors of an impending attack on the capital of the water planet. General Grievous and Asajj Ventress had launched a siege on Kamino to steal the Jango Fett DNA strand only a few months prior; and it appeared they were ready for 'Round Two'.

But the mission wasn't what had Abby perturbed.  Rather, it was because of the damn longnecks that she would inevitably run into during the campaign.   Although they had seemed alright the first time that she had visited the planet, Hunter had told afterwards stories of how clones, especially the "defective" ones were treated by the doctors and trainers. The Sergeant had vaguely mentioned that if it weren't Commander Cody, the commander of the 212th and a close friend to the original Bad Batchers, he and the rest of the Clone Force 99 would probably have been some maintenance clones, or even terminated, just because the Kaminoans saw them as nothing more than one of their petty experiments.  

The entirety of the subject was obviously a touchy one amongst the Bad Batch, so she resisted the urge to ask too many questions.  The stories had made her blood boil, needless to say.  She had seen both the mental and physical scars the Kaminoan scientists had left the boys with.  Of course, it made her even more glad that the boys were out in the wide galaxy instead of at the cloning facility, doing maintenance services or something. 

'Hell, they wouldn't be maintenance, they would be slaves. Those damn asparagus necks can fuck themselves in the deepest hole of hell,' Abby glowered to herself.

But whether she liked it or not, Lama Su wanted Clone Force 99 to be on site to protect Kamino. Ironic, in her opinion.  

When the Havoc Marauder dropped out of hyper-space, Abby suppressed her disgusted groan, however, her facial features were still contorted with disapproval.  Her jaw was set firmly and faint defensiveness was already gleaming in her eyes.  Tech noticed the change in her demeanor and sent a reassuring smile her way, appearing rather amused by her disgruntlement.

"Don't worry, Abby.  The chances are favorable that we will be out of here in no time," he assured her.

"You best be right," Abby snorted. 

But she could tell that Tech found her distaste for the alien species funny and that he was actually quite proud of it. That satisfied her a little as the pair brought the ship to the landing bay of Topica City.  As usual the Kaminoans didn't ask for their clearance code and there was already a platform free for them to land.

 The many Republic cruisers surrounding the facilities were a sight to see, in Abby's opinion at least.  She suspected that it was a sight that the others were already used to since the only comment Tech made about them were how they were "quite the technical and engineering marvel."  Once they had completed their landing cycle, Tech and Abby quickly powered off the Havoc Marauder's engines. They then snatched their helmets from the dashboard before joining Hunter, Wrecker, and Crosshair in the cabin.  Everyone was wearing their black, grey, and red armor, had dreading expressions etched onto their faces, and their helmets secured under their arms.  Except Wrecker, who was wearing his like a hat.