To Kashyyyk

A/n: Geez this took a bit to write.  Almost 4000 words and there are almost no resources on the canceled Bad Batch Kashyyk arc.  So I had to be a bit creative.  I will probably update again tomorrow with a Valentines Day special, assuming I'm not too busy to write it.  Consider it the "sorry for taking forever to update."  But I hope you enjoy this chapter!  If you like the story then please leave a vote!  See you soon!

Btw the picture above isn't mine

"So remind me again why we're going to Kashykk?" Abby inquired boredly from her slumped spot in the co-pilot's seat; next to Tech who was flying, and Hunter, who was standing behind them.

"We're meeting with General Yoda. Apparently there's been Trandoshan attacks there, rumored to be led by Babwa Venomor and the Separatists. Our job is to get them out of the cities and off world," Hunter explained.

"Sounds...dull," Abby lamented.

Although this might have sounded like plenty of action to your average person, it wasn't to the Bad Batch.  This was nothing more than a demo job to them; a chance to show off their skills and tour yet another war-ridden planet.

"Don't worry, there'll be plenty of action," Hunter assured her, ruffling her lengthening blonde hair.

She immediately swatted his hand away but he was already snickering quietly to himself.

"I don't believe we've ever been to Kashyyk," Tech pointed out.

"Not that I recall, but honestly, whose keeping track anymore," Abby shrugged.

"Me!" Tech told her, sounding slightly offended.

"You literally record everything, it hardly counts anymore!"

"Does too!"

"Must you two always argue?" Hunter huffed defeatedly.

"Yes," the two replied at the same time.

"See, we've agreed on something, Hunter," Abby grinned.

**************************************************************************

Eventually, the six Bad Batchers had landed on Kashyyyk, where General Yoda was waiting. Still inside their ship, they pulled their clad black, red, and grey helmets over their heads for probably the thousandth time ever.

"Ready?" Hunter asked them.

"Always," Crosshair replied, holstering his sniper rifle on his back.

"He's right," Echo smirked underneath his helmet.

"Of course," Hunter chuckled before opening the door.

Leading them down the Havoc Marauder's open stairwell to the outside, Tech, Abby, Crosshair, Wrecker, and Echo all trailed after him like ducklings. At the foot of the stairs, two Wookies and a small, green, alien Jedi were waiting to greet them. Seeing that Hunter was removing his helmet, Abby followed the suit, and her face was immediately welcomed by the humid air and fresh smell of the nearby sea.

"General," Hunter saluted in greeting.

"Pleasure to see you, it is, Sergeant," Yoda said as a smile graced his wrinkled face. "For agreeing to this mission, I thank you."

'Does he always talk backwards?  Is it an alien thing?  Oh well,' Abby pondered.

"Just doing my job, General," Hunter dismissed with a nod.