Blinded by Hatred-Part 2

A/N: Hi, I am back!  I didn't expect this chapter to be out so soon, but I had nothing to do today so I managed to finish it.  This will in fact be in 3 parts, so next chapter will be another part of this story arc.  We are also only a little under 100 views away to 1K so I am pumped :D  Anyways, enjoy the story!

Editing complete

TW: torture, blood

After she was stabbed by Ventress, Abby sunk to the ground, the vast amount of blood lost finally catching up to her.  Consciousness left her, leaving her unmoving and unaware.  At the sight, panic flooded through Hunter's body and gripped every fiber of his being, fueling his own adrenaline.

'No! She isn't dead! She can't be dead!' he thought to himself, horrified, as the possible reality of the situation dawning on him.

Driven by the explosion of anger and fear in his chest, Hunter began to lose all rationalism and blindly slashed at Ventress with his vibroblades. His usually precise and smooth strikes were replaced with reckless and aggressive ones. This woman might have cost him a part of his family, and he refused to collect himself.  

Crosshair, Wrecker, and Tech had their own hands full, providing him cover by shooting down the droid battalion that invaded the hall. Blaster fire and shouts could faintly be heard from the corridor, almost as if the battle itself was confirming that the it wouldn't be ending any time soon. Hunter was on his own.

Ventress and the Sergeant were both tiring.  Blood from Abby's strike was still pooling from Ventress' back while Hunter had to use very last shred of skill he had in order not to get sliced in half by her lightsabers.  The assassin forcibly snatched Hunter's arm, trying restrict his movement to stop his strikes. Retaliating, the Sergeant used her move as leverage and judo-flipped her over his shoulder. The assassin grunted in pain as the wind was knocked out of her lungs. Unfortunately, when Hunter flipped her, Ventresses' lightsabers grazed his arm. Thankfully his armor had protected him from the majority of the cut, but he was still wounded and in pain. 

 Scrambling back to her feet, Ventress charged towards Hunter.  She lunged at him again with her sabers in a  wide 'V' shape.  Hunter did a timely tuck-and-roll in order to dodge the slash that was meant to relieve his neck from his head.  He kicked the assassin in the back of the knee, forcing it to bend so she was kneeling on the ground. 

Ventress finally had enough of the game and, whirling around, used the Force to shove Hunter into the wall. The blow was so powerful that it knocked his helmet off his head and the Sergeant slipped unconsciousness, no matter how hard he tried to stay awake.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-**-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Pain. From head to toe, all Abby could feel was pain.  Agonizing, unrelenting; like someone had taken a power-drill straight through her skull.  She groaned, not opening her eyes yet although she was awake.  Tiredly straining her memory to remember what had happened, she could come to no conclusion as to where the hell she was.  Her entire recollection fuzzy and she only remembered bits and pieces from throughout the day. 

'Let's see...We were on Kamino, we had physicals, and I was worried about Crosshair...but I don't remember why...Was he hurt?  Maybe.  We were preparing for an attack, that I do remember. Then at some point I had been shot.  Striaght through my helmet's visor, I think.  That would explain the pain in my head.  Then, I was after Ventress to help Hunter....Wait, Bad Batch!  Where are they?!'

With this, Abby's eyes jerked open, but she immediately regretted it. Pain like she hadn't felt before tore through the left side of her skull. It was like someone had taken a knife and was cutting her from the inside out. Clamping her eyes shut again, Abby screamed out, unable to restrain herself.  She could feel warm blood oozing from her left eye and the area around it. Slowly this time to test the waters, she reopened her right eye to look around, keeping the left one squinted shut.  The movement still caused pain, but this time it was bearable.