On the Wings of the Keeradaks (Bad Batch arc pt.3)

A/N: So due to a crazy week of homework, a killer migraine, being out of town for part of the weekend, and a small depressive episode, this is late.  And I apologize.  I will try to get part four done early though!    BUT NOW ECHO IS HERE AND A NEW LEVEL OF BONDING CAN BEGIN. 

I HAD AN IDEA AND I WANT OPINIONS.  I am considering having Jesse and Abby start a romantic relationship.  When I was writing them in part 1 I was like 'holy shit they have chemistry together'.  Would anyone like it if I did that?  I don't really know of people would be interested with that.  But I am just considering it as of right now.  But anyways, enjoy the latest segment of my mess...I mean book! ♥️♥️♥️

Editing complete

"Survival is one step on the path of living"

"Situation is almost under control out there. How's it going in here?" Anakin asked as he joined Rex, Tech, and Abby inside the stasis lab.

Tech had an answer prepared immediately. "I'm still trying to decrypt Echo's cerebral interface. Until I do, we cannot disconnect him from this computer system."

"So basically, not good," Abby imputed.

Abby was assisting Tech with the computer shenanigans, and she could tell that it could be a while before Tech could crack the interface. While she didn't want to be negative, she was still a realist.

"Why do you make it sound depressing?" Tech argued.

At Tech's remark, Abby sighed. "I'm not being depressing. I am being down-to-earth!"

"Okay so besides that, how is he, Rex?" Anakin turned to his Captain.

"He's too weak to walk. Doesn't even remember how he got here. He remembers being at the Citadel, but that's about it."

"Any word from the extraction squad?" Anakin tried.

"We called in, but no word back," Rex sighed.

"Well that's no surprise. We knew when we got into this we'd be on our own," Anakin scoffed slightly.

That was when Hunter, Crosshair, and Wrecker dove into the room, then scrambled to shut the door behind them.

"It's going to get more difficult to get out of here! There are several squads of droids closing in," Hunter called.

They pushed the automatic doors together but a spindley clanker stuck its narrow head into the gap between the doors. Wrecker just decapitated it by snapping the head off and then tossing it nonchalantly over his shoulder.  While Wrecker held the doors shut, Crosshair and Hunter pulled melding tools from their belts and set to work, sealing them closed.

"How long can you hold them off?" Anakin asked, referring to the droids squadrons.

"How long do you need?" Hunter questioned.

"Tech, how much longer?" Anakin turned to him desperately.

"Not yet! I need more time," he replied.

Abby could tell by his tone that he was getting anxious. She squeezed his shoulder reassuringly in hopes of calming his unsettled nerves. He always feared that one day someone would get hurt because he couldn't get his job done fast enough, and that chance was growing closer to a possible reality.