It's a Date

A/N: I HAVE RETURNED FROM THE VOID!  Thank you all for the patience with by brief hiatus, I hope to get back into my usual updating schedule now!  I no longer feel brain dead so that's good.  During my time off I also discovered my love for Marvel so that's been fun!  I hope you enjoy the latest chapter!  Also this is my first time writing romance so feedback would be appreciated.  Love you all! ♥️♥️♥️

         Several weeks had passed since the Bad Batch had rescued Anaxes. They hadn't received any missions, so decided to take a day on Coruscant. As soon as she had found out, Abby had jumped for her datapad to message Jesse in hopes of seeing him again. Despite having agreed to go out, they hadn't seen each other in over a month.  They had been messaging in almost every free moment when neither were busy. With his position as ARC trooper in the 501st and the Bad Batch's constant need for action, unfortunately made for this time to be in the middle of the night. 

 No one had realized how late Abby had been staying up until she pulled an all-nighter and almost passed out from exhaustion. Hunter slayed her for having stayed up so long, especially when he had realized it was to message a boy. Needless to say, Abby felt like a 15 year old girl who had been caught sneaking out with her boyfriend, even though she and Jesse hadn't officially reached that level yet. She hoped that they would soon though.  With these thoughts in mind, Abby snatched her datapad from her nightstand and promptly began typing away with excitement, and praying that Jesse could also be off for a day or two.

ITALICS IS ABBY

UNDERLINE IS Jesse

Hi again! We have a couple days off, any chance we could meet up? We might finally get that date I promised you over a month ago 😁

Hey! We land on Coruscant for shore leave tomorrow, can we meet up then? Hopefully Hunter won't murder me for seeing you 😅

Yup, I'll be free :)  I'll make sure Hunter doesn't kill you. Where do you want to meet?

How about at Coruscant Center, around noon then we can spend the day walking around the city

Sounds good, can't wait to see you ❤️

See you tomorrow Princess 😉

Abby suppressed an excited squeal as she plugged in her holopad to charge for the night. She was practically skipping as she left her room to join the others for dinner.

"You look like the Loth Cat that got into the cream. Care to share?" Crosshair asked as he raised an expecting eyebrow in anticipation while she took her seat.

"Nothing; just meeting with a friend tomorrow while we're free," she shrugged, trying to seem as nonchalant as possible, though not being entirely successful.

"And who is this "friend"?" Hunter asked.

"What he means is, 'is it a boy?'" Echo imputed with a smirk.

"What's it to you?" Abby raised an eyebrow doubtfully.

"Making sure you aren't hanging around anyone who will try and kill you," Wrecker exclaimed shamelessly.

"Anyone who will kill me? Seriously?" Abby scoffed.

"You can't be too careful," Tech muttered.

"I can assure you, he won't kill me," Abby rolled her eyes.

"So it is a boy!" Wrecker yelled in triumph.