||Rumors||

It was finally lunchtime and you and Jake were walking down the hallway. You were still quite embarrassed so you tried your best to hide your face in your hoodie. "You know you don't have to hide right?" Jake says sarcastically while looking at you hide yourself. "What do you mean?! The second I show my face everyone's gonna look at me and laugh!" you say kind of annoyed. "I mean, you do you but I'm sure people forgot about that by now" he adds assuringly. "Jake, it literally happened like 4 hours ago, of course, they would still remember," you say sarcastically. "I mean I guess.." he sighs not having anything to say. You both get to your lunch table and sit down as Raven quickly asks, "Oh my god y/n are you ok?" And before you could even answer Kaden adds, "Yea I heard people talking about you" You take a deep breathe and say, "Yea uh about that, people are spreading rumors about me I guess-" "Yea, I heard you and Albert-" aija says as you cut her off, "I know I know! We didn't do any of that, it's just a stupid rumor Kirsten spread because she saw something and took it out of context" you sigh taking out your lunch from your bag. "What did she see?" Raven asks with a worried look on her face. You were then reminded of the party and everything that happened that night. "So basically, me and Albert snuck out of the house at the party and when we climbed back in through his bedroom window i guess she saw us and got the wrong idea..." you say regretting even going to the party in the first place. "Ohhh... damn that's bad-" Aija says. "Yea and she told the whole school and now it's just really awkward," you say picking at your food. "I'm pretty sure if you and Albert keep your distance for a while the rumors will go away and everything can be normal again," Kaden says smiling trying to help. "Yea I guess so but-" you sigh, "I just want to be able to talk to him normally without Kirsten ruining everything," you say annoyed. "I know exactly how you feel" Aija mumbles under her breath. "What'd you say?" you ask looking to Aija. "Hm? Oh, nothing I didn't say anything" she says sarcastically laughing. "Uhh- ok I guess," you say laughing a bit kind of suspicious of her.

You all end up talking about random stuff while laughing together, you started to forget about the whole Albert thing. ~If I can pretend like me and Albert haven't even met then people will get off our backs, right?~ you think to yourself realizing lunch is almost over. "Oh, the bell is about to ring," You say looking at the clock on the wall. "Ugh whyyy, I have a test 4th period." Kaden groans. "Already?" Jake questions packing his stuff. Jake and Kaden start talking about his test when you realize- Alberts in your fourth period. ~oh my god this is going to be so awkward~ you think to yourself getting ready to leave to class. The bell finally rings and you all say your goodbyes as you walk to class. Your stomach started hurting thinking about how awkward it would be to walk into class, you just wanted to go home at this point. You get to class and take a deep breath before entering the classroom. And there he was, sitting down. You hold your breath as you walk to your seat and sit down. As you start getting your books out you hear, "Hey" You turn to the voice as you see Albert smiling at you. With no other choice you slightly smile and say, "Hi" "Sorry about what happened this morning... I talked to Kirsten about it and she said she'd stop spreading the rumors" he says as his smile fades. You then get reminded of what he said to you before, "Oh... it's alright" "What's wrong? You look worried or something- if it's about the rumors I'm pretty sure they'll be gone by tomorrow, Kirsten said-" he says with a worried look before being cut off. "Why do you care? I thought you didn't like me" you say referring to what he said before. You realized what slipped out of your mouth as your eyes widen a bit, "Uh I mean- sorry.." Albert looked even more confused than before and asked, "What are you talking about?"

You look at him regretting what you said and say, "Nothing" He then looks at you as his eyes widen realizing what you meant. "Oh are you talking about what I said earlier-?" he says guiltily. "Mhm," you mumble to yourself putting your bag under your seat. "You know I didn't mean what I said right?" he said. "Yea I know it's just- I don't know" you sigh. "I would never say anything like that on purpose, I was only saying it to get Kirsten off our backs," he says worryingly. You continue to stare at your desk quietly pretending to do your work not knowing what else to say. Albert sighs and says, "Look, that night when we became friends was probably one of the best nights of my life. I've always wanted to become closer to you and now that I have I don't want to ruin that," He then smiles and adds, "And just forget about what I said before, I do like you, like a lot" You stop staring at your desk and look at him confused, "You what?" Albert starts turning red as he realized what he said and quickly blurts out, "Uh no not like that! Uh, I meant like as a friend not like-" You interrupted him with your laughter, "I know I know I was just kidding." He then starts laughing with you and says "See I told you the word idiot would suit you" You smile and say, "Yea, maybe it does"

"And you know I meant what I said about the whole being your friend thing," Albert says smiling. "Yea I know, and I'm glad we became friends" you answer smiling back. "And sooner or later I'm going to figure out how to diss Kirsten so we can live our senior years normally," Albert says sarcastically. You laugh a bit and nod as the teacher walks into class telling everyone to get ready for the lesson.

Authors note

SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG LOL I get easily distracted but uh imma update whenever i can so YUH 😎👍