||Heather||

It was finally December, the 3rd to be exact, and after that weird incident, you started to get more questionable about it, but just brushed it off thinking you were just overthinking. You woke up, got ready, and arrived at school, it was only you and Albert out of your grind group who had arrived. You guys just joked around and talked, but he wasn't really acting like himself, "Wait so, Kirsten knows right?" "Yea.." he answers awkwardly. "Then why do you want to keep it a secret from Jake and them?" you ask hoping to revive answers. Even though she knew, for some reason he still didn't want to talk at school. He pauses for a bit looking kind of anxious as he finally answered, "It's kind of complicated.. but-" he pauses again, "I guess I don't want to make it a big deal-"

~you guess?~ You look at him kind of confused and annoyed at the same time, "I mean if she knows then it won't really affect anything, plus when she found out she didn't do anything bad, right?" You said the last part kind of worried as you remember seeing them arguing. "Yet-" he mumbled under his breath. It took you a moment to process what he said, but when you did you were even more questionable and worried at the same time, "What do you me-" As you were about to ask, you hear Jakes's voice in the background, "Hey guys!" You both quickly turn around to see Jake Aija Raven and Kaden walking up the stairs to the entrance.

"Oh, hey Jake!" you wave kind of bummed you didn't get to finish asking. "Hey y/n" Aija adds happily. Kaden and Raven finally made it up the stairs as Kaden asks, "What were you guys talking about" "Oh uh-" you pause quickly trying to think of something to say, "Homework.. yea, he was asking me about the homework" Albert backs you up by saying, "Yea it's for our fourth period" "Ohh alright" Aija answers suspiciously as she walks through the entrance. You both laugh awkwardly as you follow the group inside, "I don't know how much longer I can keep this up" you whisper to him as you guys walk behind your friends entering the cold school. "It's fine, after today, you won't have to anymore.." he whispered back looking really defeated. "What do you mean-" you answer back confused on why he looked like that. "Oh what? Nothing sorry" he said snapping out of his thoughts laughing as his smile fades afterward.

"Ok somethings up, you've been acting really weird and anxious lately, especially today" you sigh hoping to finally get some answers. He quickly put his smile back on his face and answered happily, "Oh sorry, I've just been dealing with.. family issues and stuff so-" "Ohh, aw I'm sorry about that" you answer feeling kind of guilty for making him bring it up. "Oh no it's fine.." he answers guiltily. You didn't know why he was acting so weird but just guessed it was because of the family issues he mentioned.

Since it was about 15 minutes until homeroom, you all decided to wait it out in the outside area of the school. As soon as you step outside the freezing air hits your skin causing you to hug yourself for warmth since you didn't bring your jacket, you didn't know it was going to be this cold since it wasn't this cold near the entrance. "Jeeze how cold is it? I'm freezing my ass off" you say as you see Jake take out his phone. "I mean it's your fault for not bringing a sweater, it's literally winter," Jake says sarcastically, "By the way, it's fifty-six degrees" "Fifty what?!" you say shocked thinking it was at least 60 something, "How can it even get this cold, its Florida!" "You should of checked the weather" Aija adds laughing. "I hope it's not this cold in the classrooms" you sigh as you start shivering a bit. As soon as you finish your sentence, you and your friend group were kind of startled by the announcer on the speaker, "Hello students and sorry for the sudden interruption, for those of you who are here now I would just like you announce that the conditioning has stopped working for today because of the sudden cold temperatures, please bring a sweater tomorrow just in case, we are working on the situation, sorry for the inconvenience."

~oh this is just great~

Once the announcement stopped you hear Aija and Jake burst into laughter as you quickly say, "It's not funny what if I freeze to death!" You then see Kaden laugh a bit as well, "I wish I had an extra jacket I could give you, but-" "Maybe Albert has an extra one for you" Raven cuts him off smirking at the two of you. You both turn to each other as you quickly say, "Oh no it's fine even if you do have one I'm fine you don't need to!" kind of embarrassed at the same time. "Oh actually I do have one, It's in my backpack in case I needed it, but you can have it since I'm not that cold" he answered smiling. You didn't really know what to say because although you were desperate for one, you were kind of confused, so you whisper to him, "But if I'm wearing your sweater isn't that going to draw more attention to the whole Kirsten situation?" "It's fine, I've never worn it to school before" he whispers back taking the sweater out of his backpack. It was a light blue sweater with a melted flamingo popsicle on it. "It's actually new" he added smiling handing you the sweater. You hesitantly take it and look at it before putting it on. "Thanks," you say smiling relieved you finally had warmth. "No problem" he answered zipping up his backpack. You finish fixing the sweater onto yourself as you add sarcastically, "It is a little big but it'll do" "What do you want him to hug you too?" Jake says sarcastically still laughing. "What no I was kidding!" you say kind of regretting asking for it.

Albert laughs a bit as well and then stops as if he realized something bad but puts a smile back on his face as he says, "We should start heading to class now" "Yea the bells about to ring" Kaden agrees checking his phone as the group starts to walk back inside the building. As you were walking, you notice him walk up to you with his hands in his pants pockets, you were about to ask what was wrong when he finally says, "Are you doing anything after school?" "Uhh.. nope why?" you answer kind of suspicious of why he asked. "Can you meet me by your English class upstairs after school today?" He asked hesitantly. You were confused on why he asked because- "Isn't that Kirsten's last class" "Yea but.. just be there" he said worryingly. "Sure.." you answer as you both walk off to your homeroom.

~why does he want to meet there tho.. maybe so I could return his sweater?~ you think to yourself when you finally realize ~Ohh it's probably because he wants to finally deal with the Kirsten situation!~ Thinking about it made you really happy and relieved that you and the group could finally be free from her as you walk to class with a smile.

time skip cuz I don't feel like making a separate chapter lol

Finally, after school has arrived and you tell your friends that you'll meet them at the parking lot right after you did something. You didn't want to tell them about Kirsten yet since you didn't know how it would go. They were kind of confused but let you go as they waited by the parking lot for you. You then begin to walk up the stairs hoping that you can finally get Kirsten under control. You could tell most of the students were off of the second floor since there were many of them walking downstairs and out of the doors already.

The stairway was pretty long but you were almost there anyway. As more students left it started getting quieter and quieter, and that's when you heard Kirsten's voice. You start to panic a little bit hoping that she's just talking to her friend or something, but then you hear Alberts too, "Are you sure this is a good idea though?" Before you continue up the stairs you realized you still had his sweater on so you take it off and hold it in your hands. ~its fine you got this, just give him back the sweater, fix the Kirsten situation, then leave, its simple~ you think to yourself as you take a deep breath and put a smile on your face before heading up the stairs again. You finally make it up the stairs and say happily, "Hey Albert here's your swea-" You stop in your tracks as you stare at an image you never thought you would ever witness, you tried to look away, but you couldn't. ~Was this all.. fake..~

Albert POV 5 minutes earlier

My homeroom wasn't that far from Kirstens, so I had to wait it out a bit by the time I got there. As the rest of the students walk down the stairs, I saw Kirsten come out of class. "Did you tell her?" she asks me with a smirk on her face. "Yea.." I hesitantly answer feeling really bad. Kirsten notices me trying not to look her in the eyes and says "Why do you look so worried? We finally get to break her once and for all, I thought you said you didn't like her." I was going to say something, but I couldn't because that is what I said after all. "But why can't we do something else? I'm sorry I lied to you but this is going too far" I hesitantly say hoping she didn't start yelling at me or something. She pauses for a bit before saying, "We had a deal, you either do this, or let me show the principal the video of you and y/n sneaking out of school." I sigh as I remembered the deal and asked, "Are you sure this is a good idea though?" "This isn't just a good idea, it's perfect! I already told Jayden about it, for some reason he didn't really care. It's probably because he loves me so much!" "Yea that's totally why.." I mumble under my breath.

Since all the kids were mostly downstairs, it's gotten really quiet, but the silence was soon interrupted by footsteps from somebody walking up the stairs, it must be y/n. I started panicking a bit quickly trying to think of another solution, but I couldn't, I had to do this. As soon I saw her, I looked y/n in the eyes, and I did it. ~Im sorry y/n~ I kissed Kirsten. I heard y/n say something about my sweater, but my mind was racing with thoughts, I didn't know what to do. I just wanted to run up to y/n and explain everything but I couldn't even move, it's like Kirsten put a spell on me or something. I couldn't take it anymore, I let go of Kirsten trying not to throw up as I whipped my mouth off with my hands. "Good job, Albert" Kirsten says walking off smirking, she said it like I was the one who wanted to do it. I couldn't even say anything back to her, the only thing on my mind was y/n and how hurt she most likely was. I quickly turned around hoping I could apologize in that second, but she was gone, the only thing left on the floor.. was my sweater.

Authors note

well uh.. that happened.. I hope your soul is ok after that one cuz mines isnt 😃

and yes it's like that one conan grey song I THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA 😢