||Distance||

The morning arrived and your friends planned to meet at the entrance as usual. You threw on some clothes, brushed your teeth, packed, and headed to school. As you arrived and parked the, you saw in the distance Aija and Raven talking excitingly to Albert. You were confused and wanted to know what they were talking about so you walked up to them, but before you could greet them Raven interrupted you, "Heyyyy y/n" "Oh uh, hey Raven what's up" you asked confused on why she sounded so sarcastic, "Oh and Albert I remembered to save you some candy" you laugh getting them from your bag and handing them to him. "Oh thanks," he said smiling putting it in his backpack to save for lunch. "Wow so now you guys are sneaking candies too!" Raven said in a sarcastically annoyed tone. "Forget the candy, Raven! Anyways y/n, I needed to ask you something" Aija added giving Albert the death stare. "Uh ok- what is it" you laugh hiding your confusion. "Can you tell us what happened yesterday? Albert isn't saying anything!" Raven blurted out as you barely understood a word she said, "What are you talking about-?" Before Aija could say something Albert interrupted, "Uh anyway guys, it's getting pretty late we should start heading inside" You were really confused on why everyone was acting like this but followed them inside.

"Why are you guys acting so weird," you ask laughing thinking they were just messing with you. "Just spit it out already!" Aija said shaking you by your shoulders making you stop walking. Before you could snap at Aija, Jayden laughed, "I have no idea what you guys are talking about but if you keep shaking her like that she's ganna throw up all over the floor"

She stopped shaking you as the bell finally rang. "I'll make you spill the beans at lunch," Raven says giving you the death stare before she walked off to homeroom. "Again, I don't know what you're talking about but see ya at lunch," you say sarcastically before saying your goodbyes to your other friends as well, still kind of dizzy.

As you were walking to your class, you looked back to see Albert walking by himself when he usually walks with Jake. It's been happening for a while, but you've noticed they've gotten more distant. Jake usually only walks with Aija now. They barely even look at each other anymore! You worriedly sat in homeroom thinking to yourself, ~are they even friends anymore?~

*time skip*

The last few minutes of lunch finally arrived and you and your friends were laughing and eating as usual. "So, y/n, about yesterday," Aija said with a smirk on her face. "Give it a rest!" Albert laughed interrupting her. "Aija for the last time what are you talking about?" you add laughing as well. "You know what never mind-" Raven said sarcastically. "Do you know what they mean?" you ask Albert wanting to know what it was. He paused before answering, "Uh- nope not at all!" "Oh come on!" Aija said annoyed while Raven laughed at her. The bell rang as people started getting up from their seats as you and your group did the same. "See you in class-" Aija said giving you the death stare before walking away with Raven. "Uh, ok see ya!" you say waving back. Before walking with Albert and Jayden to class you decided you wanted to ask Jake something.

"Hey, Jake," you say smiling making him stop packing his bag at the table. "Oh hey what's up?" he replied smiling back. "I just wanted to ask you something, about Albert-" you answered, as you see his smile fade, "What about him?" "You guys are- still friends right?" "Yea of course we are, why?" he said putting a smile back on his face. "Oh never mind then, just asking cause you guys seemed more distant" you replied happily. "Oh- well yea there's nothing to worry about" he assured you continuing to pack his bag. "Alright well, see you in class," you say before walking away. Although he said everything was fine, you still felt like something was going on.

*time skip*

For the first time in a while, your 4th period teacher gave you guys free time before the class ended. Which you thought was a good time to tell Jayden about the prom stuff, "Hey Jayden I wanted to ask you something" "Oh hey, what is it?" he asked getting gum from his pocket. "You know how all of us except Raven and Kaden were supposed to go to prom?" "Yea what about it?" he asked unwrapping the plastic and putting it in his mouth. "Well Aija planned something out apparently- so Albert asked me to prom and I was-" "Wait what?!" he quickly cut you off almost choking on his gum, "He asked you to prom?! Are you guys like- together?!" "What no not like that! He just asked me to prom that's all" you quickly responded laughing a bit.

"Oh-" he replied with a disappointed look on his face, "Well alright that's cool, does Jake know?" "Well if you didn't then I don't think he knows yet, I was planning to tell him in class. I have no idea why Aija didn't tell you guys-" you respond confused. "She was probably planning to," he said getting up to throw away the wrapper. As you were about to go back to where Albert was, you asked, "By the way can I get a piece of gum?" "Uhh I don't have anymore-" he said suspiciously sitting back down. ".. I literally see them in your pocket-" "Fine." he sighed getting out the packet and giving you two, "Hurry up and hide them before the teacher sees you.

As you put them in your pocket you hear the teacher call out from behind you, "Jayden what do you have in your mouth?" You saw him panic but quickly responded, "Uhm, air-?" "Stop trying to lie, throw the gum in the trash can." the teacher says back. "But I don't-!" he said before getting up and turning to you, "You owe me gum-" You laugh at him a bit and sarcastically responded, "It's not my fault you don't know how to hide gum from the teacher."

"You too y/n, I see the gum in your pocket, throw it away" the teacher called to you. Jayden immediately started laughing at you as you had an annoyed look on your face throwing it away. "Hah, Sucker," he said still laughing. "I hate you-" you say annoyed walking back to your seat.

The bell eventually rung as you head towards your 5th period class. To you, this class was one of the most boring of all, but luckily you had your friends there with you.

Authors note

idk what to put here so uh- keep scrolling