||She.. knows!?||

Albert POV

It has now been a couple of months since me and y/n became friends, and we've really bonded since then. It's only November and I feel like we've become best friends already. Even though we still have to avoid each other at school, I really enjoyed the times all of us spent on the weekends.

Today wasn't really that special, it was just another boring day, but luckily lunch gave me a break from all the boring lectures. "Soo what'd you bring for lunch," Kirsten asked me in her annoyingly cheerful tone as we walk down the hallway. I sigh as I answer "Stuff-" She knew something was wrong because of my tone so she turned to me confused and asked, "What's wrong?" "Nothing, my head just hurts," I answered slightly smiling to hide the truth. The real reason was because I was getting pretty tired of her, but of course, I couldn't do anything about it other than pretend.

"Does it have something to do with y/n" she immediately asked in an annoyed tone. I was kind of surprised she came up with that conclusion so I answered. "No, why?" "I don't know, I just feel like you've been acting nicer around her and you stopped talking to me like you used to," she stopped and before I could say something she continued, "It's like you guys are having a secret relationship behind my back, " My heart kind of dropped because that's exactly what was going on, but I couldn't say anything about it so I quickly answered, "What why would I be doing that, you know I don't like her and-" I stopped because I hated lying, especially when it was about y/n but I had to make it believable, "I'm only acting nice towards her because I feel bad that she barely has any friends."

At first, she looked at me like she knew something I didn't, which kind of scared me, but she then said "Yea ok, and by the way, it seems like you really like that bracelet, you haven't taken it off for months" laughing and sits down next to Jayden at the table. I laughed with her awkwardly even though I felt terrible about what I said, but I'm glad she believed it. "Oh hey babe" Jayden quietly says to her smiling. I knew Jayden felt uncomfortable as well, especially since this whole thing was forced. "Hey what's up!" she says happily taking out her lunch. We all ended up just talking more about school and other stuff as we ate our lunch, well, that's what we did every day basically.

After the bell rang it was finally time to go to 4th period, which was my favorite class since I got to see y/n. She's one of the only real friends I got to talk to during school. As me and Jayden were joking around walking down the hallway, I feel a tap on my back. I turned around to see Kirsten and as I was about to ask what she wanted she said, "By the way, I need to talk to you after school," she stops and looks to Jayden then back to me, "It's about homework." I was kind of suspicious but I just answered, "Oh uh, alright." "Meet me by the parking lot," she says smiling before she walked away. I could tell she had a bit of anger in her eyes but chose to ignore it thinking it was just in my head, I hope it was actually just homework-

(end of POV)

The rest of the day was normal for you, you went to fourth period, then fifth, then sixth, then seventh, just like any ordinary day. "Give it back!" Jake says running down the hall chasing Aija who stole his phone. "Never!" she says back diving the people in the hallway. "Oh god this is embarrassing," you say to yourself laughing at them. "I mean it's better than them yelling at each other in our ears," Kaden says sarcastically holding Raven's hand. "Yea you're right" you answer remembering all the times your ears were ringing because of it. You guys continue to walk down the hallway making jokes along the way as you see Aija and Jake already by the door still play fighting.

"Aija give him back his phone before he starts crying like a baby," you say sarcastically walking out the door as the rest follow. Aija has the phone out of reach from him for a couple more seconds before giving it back laughing at him. "I swear, if you break my phone you're paying for it," Jake says laughing as you guys walk down the stairs. You guys start heading towards the parking lot like usual and you see Albert, but he wasn't alone. You couldn't see who it was since he was blocking them, but you just thought it was Jayden. You started to walk up to them to say hi when you realize it wasn't a regular conversation. It looked like he was slightly arguing with someone and he had thing annoyed worried look on his face.

Of course, you were worried and confused but you didn't want to get into his business so you wanted to walk away, but it was too late. He turned around and the person who he was arguing with was Kirsten and both of you made eye contact. ~holy shit I gotta get the fuck out of here what's going on?!~ you thought to yourself internally panicking. Alberts's face was slightly less annoyed when he realized you were standing there and you saw Kirsten mouth something to him before he starting walking towards you. Her evilly manipulative face quickly turned into a friendly smile as she waved to you and walked away. "What just happened-" you say still kind of scared as he walks up next to you, "and wait why are you next to me isn't she gonna know we-" Albert slightly smiled and interrupted you to say, "It's fine, she knows"

"Wait- she knows?! Oh god did she threaten you or something are you ok?!" you say panicking. "Y/n I'm fine! We.. worked it out" he said laughing awkwardly. "Really?! That's great! Now we can talk during school! Cmon we gotta tell Jake and them!" you say excitingly pulling on his arm as he hesitated, "Wait we can't!" You stopped pulling his arm and looked at him confused as you ask, "Why?" You see him pause for a second before he answered, "I- wanted to make it a surprise" "Oh.. uh alright" you say awkwardly laughing thinking he just wanted to tell them in a more proper way than in a parking lot, I mean it did kind of mean a lot, your whole social life is about to change!... right?

Authors note

oh no whats ganna HAPPEN :(
lol writing the next chapters are ganna hurt my soul cuz i get into the story too much and then- yea 😢

anyways good luck 😅👍