||Mixed Feelings||

As you continually wipe the tears from your face staring at what used to be your best friend's letter, you couldn't decide what to do, it all happened so quickly. You were just starting to get a hand of your feelings and now they're mixed up all over again. Although it was hard to figure out what to do, you knew that you had to talk to Jake. You quickly folded the letter and put it in your pants pocket as you ran through the hallway to make it to the entrance as quickly as possible, you couldn't let him leave yet. You try to catch your breath as you make it to the entrance of the empty school. Your tears start to form again as you push the door open only to see your friends standing there talking.

You wiped your tears once more as you quickly asked, "I know this is random but did you guys see Jake walk past?" "Yea- he stormed out looking like he was in a really bad mood, what happened?" Albert asked with a worried look on his face. "Yea, and you're eyes are red, were you crying?" Raven asked with the same worried look on her face. You hated bringing your problems on others, you were still confused yourself, "No no I'm just really tired but uh-" you pause as you feel your throat close up as you try to hold back your tears, "Never mind, I'll talk to you guys later" you finally say walking off as you pull out your phone. "Wait what's wrong?" Albert asked worriedly. You would of answered, but you didn't, you needed to fix this.

You could feel your friend's worried faces from behind you as you walked towards the parking lot trying to see past your tears opening your phone app. Maybe he'd answer, you didn't know what you were going to say if he did, but you didn't care. You look up at the sound of a car unlocking, it was his car. A slight smile appeared on your face as you thought to yourself, ~it's not too late~ You quickly ran up to the car in the mostly empty parking lot, hoping you'd get a chance to talk to him.

You try to catch your breath as you grabbed his arm preventing him from getting in the car, "Jake wait-" You thought he was going to say something when he turned around, but he just looked at you with disappointment in his eyes as your smile faded, before snatching his arm away from you slamming the door as he got in his car. The look he gave you made the horrible feeling in your stomach come back, you didn't know what to say to him. Before you could process what happened, he drove off. The wind from the fast-moving vehicle caused you to drop your phone as you stared at him drive off until the car was out of sight. That's when you realized what just happened, you felt hopeless.

As you picked up your phone off the ground you noticed someone walked up to you. "Y/n.. what's going on?" It was Albert, with the same worried look as before. You didn't even know where to start or how to tell him, you didn't want him to feel bad about your problems, "Nothing- it's nothing important." you replied holding back your tears as you stared down at your shoes. "You know I can tell when you're lying right? I saw what happened-" he said as your tears start forming again. "Nothing happened it's fine" "You say that all the time when somethings going on, plus it can't be nothing if you're crying... what happened?" he added placing his hand on your shoulder. You immediately looked at the letter that was still in your pocket the words you read on it kept ringing in your head. You then looked back up to Albert, "I think I ruined me and Jakes friendship- it's all my fault-"

".. What are you talking about-?" he asked confused even more worried than before. "The letter- that I told you about, I ruined everything and now he hates me-", were the only words you could get out before you couldn't hold in your tears any longer.

Not only did you feel like a terrible person, but all the memories of you and Jake also came rushing back. Just last week you guys were laughing and joking around, and now this. "And I don't know how to fix it-" you added feeling even more helpless than you did before. Albert paused for a minute as you wiped your tears before slightly smiling, "I know I have no idea what happened with the letter, but I promise things will get better, plus I'm pretty sure Jake doesn't hate you he's not like that! And whatever it is, we can deal with it together."

The words he said brought a slight smile on your face, as he wrapped his arms around you, it caught you by surprise, but you hugged him back, you didn't feel hopeless anymore, "Thank you" "No problem, we'll get him back, I promise."

*time skip*

As you made it home, you started to wonder if you should tell your other friends about it, back at school you managed to act like everything was ok, maybe you should keep it that way. All though Albert knew, you still felt that horrible feeling in your stomach. You tried to call Jake but you weren't surprised when he didn't answer. You stared at the letter that rested on your desk, you didn't know what to do with it. Not only that, the friendship bracelet you guys made was still on your wrist. You hated looking at it, but you couldn't take it off, you still had hope.

As you lay in bed trying to sleep, you totally forgot about school the next day, you didn't even feel like going at this point, especially when Jake was probably going to be there. But missing a day of senior year feels like you skipped a whole week, you didn't want to miss out on anything.

~Tomorrow's ganna be a shitty day..~

Authors note

still sobbing 👍