Chapter 4

Aizawa awoke in his bed beside Shigaraki. He watched him sleep, his hair draped around his face and neck delicately, his hands set away from his body as the rest of it turned towards Aizawa. He has some errands to run before the school week starts, but he decides to wait until Shigaraki's awake before leaving.

He reaches over to stroke his hair which inadvertently stirs him awake.

Shigaraki blinks a few times, adjusting to his new setting since he fell asleep on the couch and Aizawa carried him to bed.

"Not a heavy sleeper, huh?" Aizawa asked lightly, his fingers carefully combing through Shigaraki's hair. He noticed that every couple strokes a few strands fell out and gathered onto his fingers.

Shigaraki chuckled quietly, closing his eyes again, "Guess not."

"You look so pretty," Aizawa mumbles.

Shigaraki digs his face into Aizawa's chest, face warm, "Stop," he says playfully.

Aizawa laughs, "I gotta go out for a bit, is that alright?"

Shigaraki pulls his head away and looks up.

Aizawa raises a brow, waiting for a response.

"Sure," Shigaraki says, sitting up.

"You sure you're alright with it? You'll be fine on your own, right?" Aizawa notices his reaction and sits up next to him.

"I'll be fine, don't let me hold you back."

Aizawa leans over to kiss him, "You can't hold me back," he smiles, "I'd take you with me if I could."

Shigaraki pushes him away jokingly, "Yeah, yeah, I know you would. Why wouldn't you want a creep like me hanging around with you?"

"You're not a creep." Aizawa says genuinely.

"Right," Shigaraki says as he slides off the bed.

Aizawa grabs his arm before he walks to the bathroom, "I'm serious."

Shigaraki rubs his neck that was still slightly red from his panic attack yesterday.

Aizawa places his hand over his reassuringly.

"Don't I have to get back to the station?" Shigaraki asks, a little annoyed at the idea of having to be put in cuffs again.

"I can request to have them hand you over to me, if you're fine with that," Aizawa suggests.

"Is that even allowed?"

"I have a lot of authority there, as a hero and U.A. teacher."

"Heros have a lot of authority over everything," Shigaraki rolls his eyes then adds, "Almost like-"

"I'm not turning into a villain if that's what you're suggesting," Aizawa says, monotone.

"Might as well be," Shigaraki muses as Aizawa pushes him into the bathroom and closes the door, waiting outside.

"Hurry up," He calls as he walks towards the closet.

The faucet runs as Aizawa pulls out outfits for the two of them, trying to distract himself from Shigaraki's words.

"Might as well be."

The thought was unsettling and made him uneasy, nauseous almost. What was more unsettling was that there was a hint of truth to his words. Well, more than a hint.

Shigaraki finished up and waited by the bathroom door, watching Aizawa. He was hunched over the drawers in his closet, shuffling through clothes way longer than necessary. He walked up to him and put a four-fingered hand on his shoulder.