Chapter 14

"Let me talk to him," Shigaraki mumbles, head in his hands. Bloodied hands. Bloodied t-shirt, jeans, face, mouth, nose.

"No, Tomura," All For One replies with a grumble, arms still crossed, but distantly huddled around Shigaraki's chair with the rest of the League, plus Midoriya.

"It's my fault."

"No, it's not," Dabi suddenly yells.

  The faces turn to him. "That bastard has treated you like shit since day one. Don't you dare say it's your fault."

  Tomura scrunched up his hair in frustration, heat rising in his throat. "You don't get it. You don't know anything."

"Tomura," Toga says, cocking her head, holding Izuku's hand. "We're family, you know? You don't need him."

"We've had to be treated like trash our whole lives," Twice adds, his usually bubbly self grim, "And you've had to take most the hits for us because you're our leader. A great one too."

"That's why we're not letting you take this one," Spinner says.

  Shigaraki looks up at them with red, bloodshot eyes.

"Look at you," Mr. Compress sighs. He leans down, "You really think he's good for you?"

  Shigaraki stares between them silently, his gaze lingering on each face briefly. "Let me talk to him," he repeats, unmoved.

"Tomura," AFO also repeats, "I won't allow it. Either we leave or he does. Or I will kill him."

  Shigaraki abruptly stands up swiftly, the chair screeching against the floor as it moved back. "No."

  The League steps back, casting uncertain glances at each other.

"You're not my fucking father," Shigaraki growled, "You don't lay a hand on him. Or I'll kill you," he steps forward but AFO stays in place.

"I can't stop you," AFO says sadly. There's a moment of silence then, "We care for you Tomura, that's all."

  Shigaraki hesitates. The only person that had ever told him that straight up, the only person that was still alive anyway, was Shouta. He turns and walks up the stairs.

  Shouta's head snaps up. Shigaraki looks down on the bed where's he's sitting. The black bag containing his hands lies next to him.

"We need to talk," Shigaraki says, trying to look at his face. He sits next to him. "Can I tell you something?"

"Mhm," Aizawa says, but not returning the gaze.

  Shigaraki fiddles with his fingers and sighs deeply, "You wanna know how I first heard about you?"

  Aizawa doesn't respond so he continues.

"Saw you on the news: Eraserhead, pro-hero, police associate, and U.A. High School teacher."

  Aizawa finally turns to face him, wondering where this was going.

"It was a special on you. They talked about your quirk," Shigaraki murmurs then falls silent.

"Go on," Aizawa says softly.

  Shigaraki chuckles and falls back into the bed with a bounce, the air pushing his hair forward. "I thought about how I could use your quirk."

  Aizawa lies down next to him, both staring at the ceiling.

"I thought: 'He's so cool.'" He laughs lightly, "'With his quirk, I could hold his hand.'"