Chapter 20

Both Tomura and Shouta wake up side by side again, around the same time, feeling sore but not unhappy with it, staring at the ceiling.

"Wakey, wakey," Aizawa hums, turning to Shigaraki who shoves him off with annoyance. "Not a morning person, huh?"

Shigaraki glares at him and is about to retort but he's cut off and his expression softens when Aizawa plants a small kiss on his mouth and proceeds to climb off the bed.

"You smell," he says, "Get in the shower."

Shigaraki rolls his eyes and follows him into the bathroom. They shower up and get ready. Tomura splays out onto the bed, shirtless with a pair of sweatpants on, as he waits for Aizawa to get ready. His wet hair and body soak into the sheets.

"You gotta wear something nice today," Aizawa half-mumbles as she sifts through his closet, the hangers screeching against the metal.

"Why's that?" Shigaraki asks, absentmindedly twiddling with his fingers above his face.

Aizawa looks back at him and notices he pays no mind. He tosses him a shirt and watches him flinch then whirl his head to the side and glare at him.

Shigaraki sighs, "You people will never stop throwing shit at me, will you?"

Aizawa walks over with a few bottles in his hand. "Nope," he says and crawls onto the bed in front of Shigaraki, propping his knees between his legs. He gently takes his hands that he continued to pick at and pushes them down and up, so that they're trapped above his head.

"Stop picking at your skin," he murmurs, "It's bad for you."

"Is it really?" Tomura asks sarcastically to which Aizawa replies with a monotone expression.

Shigaraki cocks his head at him and smiles lightly, feeling heat creep onto his cheeks. Aizawa feels the same and leans down and kisses him, long and slow. He lets go of Shigaraki's wrists who takes the opportunity to maneuver his hands to the back of his head and hold him in place with four fingers, close.

Aizawa sits up again and leans over to grab the shirt Shigaraki had tossed to the side. He drops it down on his chest and Shigaraki scoots back to sit up too, holding the shirt carefully as he observes it.

Shouta nods his head towards it, "For the appointment."

"Today?" Tomura asks, still staring down at the shirt, distracting himself by overanalyzing every small detail, stitching, fold in the fabric...

Aizawa lets him continue to stare down between them but tucks his hair back behind his ears. He tenderly places his hands at either side of his jaw and kisses his scarred forehead, through the hair he had convinced him to brush earlier, fresh out of the shower.

"Look at me," Aizawa asserts, not quite a demand.

Tomura lets a small sigh escape his lips and tilts his head up, first looking off to the side, then shifting his gaze to make eye contact.

"It's gonna be alright," Aizawa explains. He pumps out some moisturizer from the bottle he had brought over as he talks. "I'm gonna be there with you. And even if I'm not, the therapist will take good care of you. I promise." He looks up at Shigaraki and raises his brows to ask for confirmation of his understanding.

Tomura nods and lets Shouta rub some moisturizer onto his face, a somewhat new but not all-too consistent routine they had begun; and he didn't mind it too much. He gently pads his soft fingers over his skin, around his eyes, over his scars.

Shigaraki feels some burning as some of the skin still feels tender and raw from his recent scratching attacks. Aizawa slides his hands down to his neck and rubs it over the scarring there as well.