Chapter 9

Shigaraki awoke back at the warehouse with a groan. He tries to get up but Twice pushes him back down, adjusting the ice pack on his forehead.

"Don't move, Tomura. And don't worry," he grins through his mask, "Everything worked out in the end."

  Dabi scoffs, lying on the table next to him, "Damn straight."

"I don't think anyone here is straight," Toga giggles, tilting her head.

"Shut up, Blondie," Dabi growls as he forces his way up through Mr. Compress's hand on his shoulder. He clutches his arm and looks around.

  Aizawa is still chained to the wall, unconscious. Shigaraki gets up as well, holding the ice pack to his head. He looks at Shouta pitifully.

"What are we doing back here?" He asks tiredly.

  Spinner smiles as he explains, "While you two were knocked out, hundreds of villains from the city came to our aid."

  Shigaraki is shocked. The last time they ganged up with anyone, not including Overhaul, was at USJ.

"We won," Mr. Compress says shortly. "We brought you two here after while the other villians took over the radio station. They're preparing for a worldwide broadcast and they want you to speak."

  Shigaraki's eyes widen, he drops the ice pack, "What? How long have I been out?" He gets up, wincing at the pain in his leg.

"Few hours," Toga replies with a shrug, "It's gonna be okay, Tomura." She flashes him a thumbs up.

  Moonstone rattles in his chains but he's not the only one, as Shouta begins to stir. Tomura walks towards him and waits while he looks around and realizes what has happened.

  He looks up, squinting through the light and at Tomura, "Why would you do that?" He asks, looking down at his scarf wrapped around him.

"I told you to pick a side, Shouta," Shigaraki says.

"What did I miss?" Aizawa asks with a groan, shifting in his chains.

"We won."

"What does that mean?"

"It means, in a little bit, I'm gonna tell the world my message," Shigaraki grins weakly. "It means, hero society is dead."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Everyone has seen the U.A. attack by now. It's only been a few hours but it's in the headlines. Over 200 people hospitalized, over 50 being heros," he laughs happily, as he repeats the information he was told earlier, "The world knows our power."

"I thought you didn't want the world to live in fear."

Shigaraki scoffs, "There is no order without fear."

  Aizawa looks up at his questionably.

"Just a little," Tomura shrugs, "A death threat hanging around is the only thing that'll make sure this whole thing is maintained."

"I wanna see my students," Aizawa grumbles.

"We didn't kill any of them."

  Shouta's eyes light up.

"You back on our side?"

  Shouta nods, "Get me out of these things."

  Tomura pretends to lean down then kicks Aizawa face, hard.

  Shouta coughs up more blood, "What-"

  Shigaraki kicks him again, this time, right at his wound, causing his scarf to seep even more red, turning maroon.