Chapter 16

Shigaraki and Aizawa eat breakfast quietly. Tomura stares out the window at the red leaves while Aizawa sips on coffee, watching him. They're both well-rested.

  Shouta had given Shigaraki a brown sweater without telling him it was mostly because he thought he'd look good in it. He did.

"You wanna go out today?" Shouta asks, breaking the silence.

  Shigaraki turns to him, "Sure."

"Let's go to the mall."

  Shigaraki raises a brow in response.

"What?"

  Shigaraki scoffs, "The mall? The last time I went there..."

"You almost killed Midoriya," Aizawa chuckles, "I remember."

"Why the mall?" Shigaraki asks.

Aizawa shrugs, "Why not?"

"Whatever you say. You're the boss," Shigaraki muses as he gets up with his dishes.

Shouta walks in front of him and grabs his wrists lightly, "That's right," he hums.

Shigaraki rolls his eyes, "Get out of my way."

Shouta leans down and pushes his arms holding a plate and cup away. Shigaraki sighs and he sets them down to kiss him back.

"Did I tell you how good you look today?" Shouta asks as he pulls away, tucking a strand of hair behind Tomura's ear.

Shigaraki huffs and yanks it back out again, "Hm, I was gonna say the same to you," he reaches his hands towards his neck where his capture weapon was wrapped around, "The scarf ruins it though," he hums.

Aizawa frowns playfully and says, "I'm gonna need a way to protect you from your fangirls."

"Very funny." Shigaraki rolls his eyes and walks past him.

Shouta follows and they head out the door. They start driving and arrive at the mall.

"Let's go," Shouta says when he sees Shigaraki unmoving, hands above the car door and head leaning in.

  Shigaraki sighs, "Can't we go somewhere else?"

  Aizawa rolls his eyes and walks around at the car to his door and opens it. He drags Shigaraki out, "It'll be fun."

  Shigaraki groans, "But I like your clothes."

  Aizawa chuckles and the automatic doors slide open as they arrive. They walk in pretty unnoticed but a few heads turn soon enough. There's murmurs throughout their area of the bustling mall and Shigaraki stares down at his shoes.

"I'm not in the mood," he mumbles. When and where he wanted attention fluctuated regularly.

  Aizawa looks at his expression sadly as they walk side by side. He sighs, "Fine. We'll be in and out, alright?"

  Shigaraki slips his hands into his pockets and follows Shouta into a clothing store that smells of cologne. He sticks by him while Aizawa offers pleasant smiles back to others.

  He takes off a shirt hanging off a rack and lines it up to Shigaraki, "What do you think?"

  Shigaraki looks down at it, then back up at him, "Great."

  Aizawa frowns and cocks his head at him, "What's up with you today?"

"This is just embarrassing," Shigaraki groans, walking to another rack, absentmindedly shuffling through clothes.