Perfectly Simple

Walking into Bucky's room I could see the strain on his face, he looked worried and tired, it made me sad. I was overwhelmed but my first priority was to make him feel better. I put on one of his records from the 40s as he laid on his bed. I grabbed one of his sweatshirts and slipped it on. I crawled on my hands and knees on the bed to make my way toward him. His head was slightly lifted on the frame of his bed, making it perfect for me to lay my head on his chest and wrap my arms around his waist. He didn't say anything he just kissed the top of my head. We listened to the music as he caressed my arm. It was perfectly simple. As the record came to an end I looked up to him without lifting my head from his chest.
"Talk to me." I said simply
He hesitated for a second
"I ugh- I'm just overwhelmed" He spoke quietly
"I feel the same way. There is a lot going on."
He healed me tighter
"And you know the worst part?" I added
"What's that?"
"That I don't just worry about me, I worry about Sam, the team, and the one guy I can't go a day without seeing." I nestled into his chest "your always on my mind Smiles!"
He lifted my chin with one finger and placed a sweet kissed on my lips.
"I don't know how to live without you anymore doll, your the thing I want- that I need to protect."
We stared at each other
"God, your beautiful" he said softly
I smiled for a moment, than sat up and threw my leg over him, so that I was struggling him.
"You make me crazy James Barnes."
He smirked and grabbed the side of my face with his hand and pulled me in for a kiss, a long, deep, passionate kiss. I never wanted it to end, it was heaven on earth. I knew I had this strong powerful man wrapped around my finger, but I started to get wrapped around his. He pulled away even though I wanted more.
"That Loki guy . . ." He started speaking again "he gives me a bad feeling"
"Me too, he ugh-"
"He what?"
"He said something weird to me," I put hair behind my ear "he asked me if I knew what I was"
"What you are?"
I nodded
"What does that even mean" he questioned
"I don't know, I mean what could it mean. I'm just- I'm just a human."
"He's just messing with you" he took a deep breath "he wants to get in our heads."
I nodded in agreement
I laid beside him again and started to think. What if I was something else. I was the only kid in that factory to survive and I can't help but wonder why. I can heal bones, read minds, I know that is from the tests but . . . No He's getting in my head. I'm fine. I'm normal.
____________________________________Short chapter, sorry! I have been in a writing mood lately! Thanks for reading!❤️