Being the Newbie

Taking down the Winter soldier and gaining friends like Sam, Steve, and Natasha seemed like it would be the most exciting part of my life, but nothing comes close to living in the compound with the team. I remember when Steve and Sam tried to convince me to join the Avengers right after the whole Bucky situation. Sam was eager to have me and Steve thought powers like mine would be really helpful. I needed time, becoming one of them seemed like a big step, but after a few months I knew it was the right fit.
When I first drove up to the compound I was completely overwhelmed, imagining myself living there seemed like a dream come true. To be part of something and to have a group where I belonged was just what I needed, and Sam understood that more than anyone. When Sam and I met, we clicked right away. He opened up to me and I felt comfortable enough to tell him about my past. He was so understanding and kind. Being friends with him was just so easy.
I stepped out of the car and was greeted by Steve.
"Y/n, glad you finally decided to come." He grinned at me.
"Thanks Rogers!"
A voice started from behind him.
"We were fine without her," it was Sam being his sarcastic self.
I grinned at him and he pulled me into a hug.
"Hey Sammie"
"Bout time you showed up" he said as his biceps crushed me.
"I know, I know! I just need time to think, but I'm here now!" I brushed hair behind my ear.
They both helped me with my bags and I walked inside. The rooms were huge and nicely decorated. As we walked to my room we passed an indoor pool, bar, and gym. I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that it was my new home. We finally made it to my room which was spacious and bright. It had a king sized bed and it's own bathroom. Much nicer than what I was used to.
"Here you go," Sam smiled as he spoke to me.
"Thank you guys, this is great!"
I dropped my bag and fell onto the bed causing Sam to grin at me.
"Glad to have you," Steve said "we are all meeting at the bar in a hour, so why don't you get settled and we can introduce you to everyone then."
"Sounds good" I smiled
Sam tried to convince me he could help me unpack but I insisted I could do it on my own. I was able to get a lot done. As I was putting away clothing, I felt a hand on my shoulder. With no hesitation I grabbed their wrist and tried to flipped them to the ground, but they landed on their feet.
"Still got those killer reflexes," it was Nat
"Natasha!"
She hugged me
"You know I didn't believe those boys when they told me you were coming." She lifted an eyebrow
"I almost didn't. . . but I missed you guys to much" I smirked.
"I'm glad you decided to show, could use another girl around here, it's just me and Wanda."
"Wanda?"
"Yeah, nice girl weird powers, you'll meet her."
I nodded and put a skirt in the dresser.
"Coming to the bar?" She asked
"Yeah"
She led me to the bar and I immediately locked eyes with handsome long haired man I once beat up.