Hopeful

Bucky and I rushed back to Loki and the guys. Thor stood tall in front of the door and Steve sat on the ground tired of his long day. They both saw the excitement on our faces and began to perk up.
"What? Did you find something?" Steve asked getting to his feet
"Yeah. We found something good!" I replied
"We'll explain later let us in" Bucky added
"Are you sure?" Thor said caringly
"Yes!" I responded
The door opened and my eyes were met with Loki. He was peacefully sitting, reading a black covered book.
"Are you here to entertain me?" He said not lifting his head from the pages
"No, I'm here to make your life better." I grinned
"Oh, so you broke up with the brainless o-"
"I'm gonna stop you right there," Bucky stepped in "you want to hear how we helped you or not?"
"Amuse me" Loki said finally looking up
"A child, that's what will bring you happiness." I said simply causing Loki to scrunch his eyebrows
"A child? That's your big revelation?"
"Yes. If you have a baby with Idunn, it will become your greatest treasure."
He said nothing, just gave me a dirty look
"I know it sounds crazy but think about it, it would be the product of Idunn and it would show you the unconditional love you have been searching for. All that time spent on looking for someone's approval will finally be worth it."
He looked down and began to think, I was very tempted to read his mind but I refrained.
"Say this was true. . . She is married." He said
"She has been missing, her husband doesn't know where she is and you like the wrong thing so it's a win win."
Bucky looked at me
"Hey I'm not saying it's the right thing to do but she's obviously ok with cheating on him!" I pointed to myself
I turned back to Loki who had locked eyes with me
"I suppose your theory has reason, but I'm unsure I'm fit to be a father."
"You aren't." Bucky said causing me to smack his arm
"You can be, you just have to look deep down. I know there is good in you, I've seen it. And when it comes to your happiness I know you would change for it."
I couldn't help myself so I took a peak into his mind, it was filled with relief and hope. It made me smile.
"You may think your smart, but your wit doesn't impress me." He said
"Give it time." I said
I knew he was showing his cold exterior, but on the inside he was hopeful and that was all I needed.
"We will give you space, goodbye Loki" I smiled as I walked out knowing what I did was good.
His mind gave me every bit of closure I needed. He had a new chance at happiness. Though it was very difficult to picture him as a father, I knew somewhere deep down he could find the strength to do it.
____________________________________Thanks for reading!❤️