Relaxing

A week had gone by, and no sign of Loki. The week left me a lot of time to think about what I was going to say, and how I was going to say it. I didn't want to come off too weak or too overpowering, I needed to show him I was strong and overcame what he put me through. I also wanted my questions answered. Why did he let me go? Did he know something I didn't? Was this part of a bigger plan? Sam and Bucky tried to help me piece together what I might say to him. Sam told me to ask him if kidnapping girls normally works and Bucky said to just beat him up. I listened to every suggestion critically. To get a little relaxed, I decided to lay by the pool. To no ones surprise Bucky followed me when he saw I put on a bathing suit. I threw my towel across the chair and laid down.
"Aren't you gonna swim doll?" Bucky said looking me up and down
"Maybe later, I'm relaxing" I returned
"Your relaxing is boring" he plopped down on his chair
"Lay down Barnes"
I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. It was nice having a little quiet . . . The quiet only last 30 seconds and Bucky began talking again.
"Remember the first time we were here . . ." He said
"Yes I do." I didn't open my eyes
"I was so intimidated by you."
"Intimidated? You pulled me into the water and kissed me."
"You had been driving me crazy for a while, you had that kiss coming."
"I drove you crazy" I turned my head to look at him
"Drove. Drive. Everything you do infatuates me."
"Everything?"
"Yes everything."
"I'm listening" I grinned
"The way your soft hair moves, the way you bite your lip when your thinking, the way your eyebrows go down when your mad."
"I didn't realize I was so interesting" I smiled
"Oh you are," I could see him thinking "and do you know what's really interesting?"
"What?"
He got up and lifted me, bridal style. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held on for dear life.
"What are you-" I started
"The most interesting thing is seeing you pissed off. Your unpredictable." He began to move closer to the pool
"James Barnes you better not-"
He jumped into the pool still holding on to me. My body hit the water and sent a chill down my spine. The water was cold, but kinda refreshing. I pushed to the surface taking in a breath. Bucky's head soon popped up and his eyes met mine. I splashed him.
"Jerk!" I tried to make it look like I was mad but it was honestly funny
He grinned ear to ear
"You know what I miss?" I spoke mischievously
"What's that doll?" His eyes still locked with mine
"I miss when you were shy and polite."
"No you don't."
"Yes I do."
"If I was still that shy timid guy I wouldn't be able to do this. . ."
He grabbed my waist, pulling me against his body. I felt the water part as my stomach touched his chest. He was warm, and his muscles were hard. He took his one hand and used it to push my wet hair away from my face. He left that hand behind my ear, pulling me in for a kiss. It started fast but got slower. He smiled into the kiss.
"You think- your so- smooth-don't you" I said in between kissing
"Yes- I do"
Bucky started to show me his more confident side, he was more comfortable with me than ever before. He wasn't scared to tell me things or act unreserved. He was just himself, and I loved it. I pulled away from the kiss.
"When are we going on vacation?" I said with my arms still around his neck "I'm ready for a break"
"Whenever you want doll, we just need to get you that closure you want."
I looked down
"I know I've been acting tough but I ugh- I think I'm a little nervous."
"Your nervous to see the guy who kidnapped you? That sounds right to me."
"Y-yeah"
He gently put his hands on the sides of my head and looked deeply at me.
"Hey, I'm gonna be there with you. If your uncomfortable at any point in time you just say the word."
"I know, I just want answers. I just- I just feel-"
"Anxious"
"Yeah. Anxious."
He tilted my head down and kissed the top of my head
"I'm here for you. I am here for the rest of your life, you know why?"
I smiled
"Why?"
"Cuz your not getting rid of me. You can try but it will never happen."
"I don't plan on it."
I gave him a simple kiss
"How about we relax for a bit, maybe I can give a little shoulder massage" he made the hand gestures
"That sounds perfect"
And once again Bucky showed his caring side I loved so much. He always put me before himself. I love that man so much, its scary.
____________________________________Sorry for taking so long to update! Super busy with school work before spring break. I will try to be more consistent like before! Thanks for reading!❤️