Research

I felt alone. I wanted more than anything to go hug Sam and talk to him about how lost I felt but I couldn't. I wanted Bucky to check on me but at the same time I couldn't even look him in the eyes. I laid in bed deep in thought when my stomach started to growl. I hadn't eaten since the day before and I was lightheaded from my workout. The last thing I wanted to do was walk into the kitchen, pass the living room and have to see everybody. I decided to distract myself with research, my computer was the one thing that couldn't hide things from me. I opened my lap top and immediately typed 'Idunn'. Pictures of a beautiful women flooded my screen. In every picture she looked pleasant and calm, I clearly didn't get the relaxed gene. She was married to the god of poetry named Bragi, making my abandonment more clear.  She was the care taker to the apples of youth, which kept the gods young. As I read the screen, more about Loki and Thor appeared. My eyes grew wide as I read the stories about the brothers, and the prophesies. A heard a knock on my door causing me to slam my computer shut.
I walked over to the door suspiciously and cracked it open. There was no one there. My eyes traveled down to the floor where a plate of food sat. I opened the door and picked up the plate, placing it on my desk. Next to the sandwich there was a piece of cinnamon gum. Making it clear who left it, it made me sad, I wanted to talk to him so badly but I didn't know what to say. I reopened my computer and started to read again. As I ate my sandwich I read more about a certain prophecy, that was clearly a lie. I found many variations of the prophecy but most were the same, they had to do with a certain black sheep god.
Hours later I made my way to the kitchen to quickly get a water without being seen. I have done stealth missions before, so it couldn't be that hard. I snuck through the hallways without seeing anyone and I thought the coast was clear in the kitchen until the red white and blue boy stepped behind me.
"Finally come out of hiding?" Steve said in a monotone voice.
"Just to get a water, even demigods have to stay hydrated. . . You might have already known that." I said not looking him in the eyes
"We need to talk."
"Unless it's an apology I don't want to hear a word you have to say."
"I am sorry y/n. I really am."
"Then why'd you keep it from me?"
He looked at the ground
"When you asked me to join this team you told me we work as a family. Everyone knows everything and we figure things out together!" I said
"I know, I just-"
"Just what?"
"I didn't want you to be overwhelmed! We have a big mission, you were recovering from being shot by Borris, and- and Bucky-"
"So you thought I needed to be protected from the truth?"
"Yes. No. I- I don't know. I just wanted you in the right mindset when we take down Baldr."
I looked down and took a deep breath
" you don't have to forgive me right now" he spoke again, "but you need to talk to Bucky. He's a mess."
"What do you mean?" I asked concerned
"He is stressed, he hasn't eaten anything, he won't talk to anyone," Steve looked me deep in the eyes "he's being the Bucky he was before you two met."
"I'll. . . I will check on him." I answered reluctantly
"Sams pretty upset too." He added
"One idiot at a time Steve." I said walking away.
I walked down the hall from my room and stood in front of Bucky's door. I tried to knock so many times but something was holding me back, my stubbornness. He should have told me. He could have told me on the picnic, or when we were laying in bed, or when I told him I wanted to know what happened before the orphanage. It started to feel painful again. I took a few deep breaths as I just stood there.
"Finding your bravery?" A voice spoke from behind me, I knew it was Loki in an instant.
"No actually, trying to control my temper, it's known to get me into trouble" I glared at him "never know who I'm gonna end up hurting."
He understood I was hinting at him.
"I like that." He smirked
I stayed silent
"That fire you have, it's powerful." He added
I started to walk away but he followed. He followed me all the way to my room.
"What do you want?" I said turning around
"You've looked into your parents. . . You must have, curiosity scratches at you from the inside." His voice was cold and smooth
"I may have looked into my mother, but why does that concern you? Since when do you care about others?"
"You think you have me figured out don't you?"
"Let me see. . . A lonely god who shows a cold exterior to hide the fact that he's broken inside. The only joy you get is seeing other people broken too so you feel even a tiny bit normal. How's that?"
He stayed silent for a moment with no expression on his face
"I will worry about me and my family. You worry about yours. " I added
His face grew a smile
"You never said thank you." He beamed
"For what?"
"I told you your life's great lie. I put the pieces together in your behalf."
I looked at his grin. I just wanted the conversation to be over, I couldn't stand another minute of this confusing dialogue. He was trying to get something it of me, so I tried to shut the conversation down.
"Thank you." I said bluntly "I said it, now go."
"Oh I'm not done just yet." He stepped closer to me causing me to step back.
"Then say what you have to say, then leave!" My voice held anger
"The prophecy." He said simply
"The what?" My eyes grew wide because I knew what he spoke of.
"You know it don't you." He grinned
"No. I don't."
"Then let me enlighten you. As the story goes the offspring of Idunn will be significant to a certain god of mischief."
"Oh I'm who kills you then?"
"Quite the opposite. . ."
"Well I didn't give birth to you, sorry to disappoint." I had to play dumb. I had to show him the real prophecy wasn't well . . . Real.
"The offspring of Idunn is to be my life partner."
His smile grew once again
"Well you better hope I have a secret sister, or your going to be very lonely."
He let out a airy chuckle
"Odin's prophecies have never been proven wrong"
I grew impatient with his attitude so I began to push him out of my room.
"Well, there is a first time for everything." I got him outside of my doorway.
"You will see soon enough my flower."
"Doubtful!" I slammed the door in his face.
I slammed backwards onto my bed. WTF! How could this have happened?! In the matter of a day I have been informed that I am a demigod, and that some shitty prophecy has me getting married to a psycho. No. If I was anything it was stubborn! And I would die before getting involved with a mass murderer. . . With black hair. Thinking about all that had happened made me feel beyond overwhelmed. I could barley breath. My hands were shaky and my heart was racing. I needed the one person I told myself I wouldn't talk to today. I strolled right to Bucky's room and just walked in. He was sitting on his bed and jumped up when he saw me. I could see the sadness he was hiding.
"Y/n I'm-"
"Just hold me." I said as tear started down my cheeks
He wrapped his huge arms around me and pulled me into his chest. His one hand moved to the back of my head, which made me feel safe. Even if I wanted to kill him he was the one person who could calm me down in a time like this. He picked me up and placed me on his bed, not letting go of me he used one hand to wipe my tears. I could tell he was worried about me, but he knew I didn't want to talk just yet. He would occasionally kiss my head for comfort. I fell asleep with his arms wrapped safely around my body. I feared the conversation we would have when I woke up.
____________________________________Felt bad leaving you guys hanging for so long that I wrote this long chapter! I have some good stuff planned! But don't worry Bucky is the main man in this story! Thanks for reading!❤️
TikTok: _marvel_zodiacs_