Bestie

I quickly climb onto the beautiful black horse, grateful I had finally found a way home. The guard remained cold and distant the whole ride. I had tried to make conversation, I asked about Asgard, but he only returned short simple answers.
"And the festivals? Thor has told me Asgardians are very festive!" I kept trying to make conversation
"Yes, Asgardians enjoy celebrations." He said with little tone in his voice
"Your full of personality, did you know that?" I said sarcastically
"My job is to retrieve you, not entertain you."
"Well it's a good thing, or you'd probably be fired."
He was unamused.
"I'm just kidding . . . The view is entertaining, I mean look at that waterfall!"
"We must stop for a drink, the horse grows tired."
"No problem bestie." I didn't care if he didn't like me, I amused myself.
"What is 'bestie'?" He asked
"It's short for best friend."
He raised an eyebrow which hid it under his helmet.
"We are not besties, I barely know you. The only information I require is that the royal family has requested you."
"Wow, your really warming up to me. Want to make friendship bracelets?" I smirked
He sipped the water and then gave some to the horse.
"How long have you been a royal guard?" I asked taking a sip
"Why do you wish to know about me?"
"To pass time."
He hesitated.
"My father was a guard, he trained me to be a guard. I have been serving the royals longer than you have been alive."
"Wow, and your family, they live happily in Asgard?"
"My wife and father take care of my boy while I work, but yes I assume they are happy."
I nodded with a sweet smile, I think I was in such a good mood because I knew I was almost home to my smiles. The waterfall was the only sound for a moment.
"Do you have a family?" He asked
"See, we can have a conversation!" I started "yes . . . well sorta. My friends are my family."
"Are they who you wish to go back to?"
"Yes, I miss them very much, especially Smiles."
"Smiles? You Midgardians have such odd names!"
"No" I laughed "it's a nickname, something sweet or funny to call someone, like bestie."
"I understand now"
I took a last sip
"Now we must go, we are almost there" He added.
The rest of the ride was much more enjoyable, he spoke more. He told me about his son who dreamed of being a guard just like him, and his wife who was the best cook in Asgard. I told him about Bucky, how he could seem like the scariest guy in the room but was really the sweetest, and Sam who was like a brother to me. He seemed interested in the "protesters of earth" as he called us. He said that Thor has told the kingdom many great stories of the Avengers. It made me proud to be part of such a great group. After more travel we finally made it to the palace. It was breathtakingly beautiful. I could barley believe it was real. My new friend walked me into the throne room. As we approached Odin he bowed and I followed.
"Your majesty." The guard projected
"You are dismissed, thank you for your service." Odin spoke
"Thanks bestie!" I whispered as he walked out, he simply nodded his head.
"Y/n, daughter of Idunn." The king's voice was bold
"Yes, your majesty." I returned trying to be respectful.
Part of me hated him, I didn't like the way Loki talked about him. From what I heard Odin was not a great father.
"You have been brought to Asgard against your will, is that correct?" He asked
"Yes, it is." I answered
"And you wish to be brought back to Midgard?"
"Yes, I do."
He stared at me, his look was judgmental and made me uncomfortable.
"You shall be brought back," he started "If you can answer a simple question."
"Ok?"
"Where is your mother?"
His question surprised me, I had know little about my mother. I had never even met her and he expected me to know her location.
"I'm afraid I don't know." I said hoping it wouldn't change my way home.
"You have not been in contact with her?"
"No, your majesty I have not."
He paused for a moment.
"Lying to the king of Asgard is a very high offense ch-"
"Father, stop your questions, she knows nothing of her mother." Thor cut him off as he walked in the room.
"Thank god" I said under my breath
"You will be brought back to Midgard. But if Idunn sends you any kind of message it is your job as an Asgardian to inform us." Odin spoke again
"Yes- yes I will."
Thor looked confused
"And what is supposed to come of Loki? Imprisonment? Y/n should know she is safe." Thor added
"The fate of Loki is not her business, she will be granted her wish, she will return home." Odin expression didn't change.
"I will take her now father, to the bifrost."
"So be it."
Odin dismissed us and I was on my way home!
____________________________________Thanks for reading!❤️