When I knew

I leaned back in my seat, still trying to wrap my head around the situation. Bucky grabbed my hand and looked at me.
"Loki just . . . Let me go?" I asked Thor "why would he do that?"
"I am unsure" he answered
"Did the guard- I mean Loki tell you anything to give you the impression he was hiding something?" Steve added
"He wouldn't even talk at first, I basically had to pry conversation out of him, but then we stopped for water and I told him about you guys and- I guess he felt bad. He even came up with a fake life story."
"He is the god of mischief, lying comes easy to him"
"I guess it makes sense. . . But why let me go?"
"When you were locked in the room, did he tell you anything about letting you leave then?"
"No, he just told me that he was gonna keep me there until we got to know each other. He said I would learn to love him and that despite what I thought-" I stopped myself because I knew the answer.
"What- despite what?" Bucky said eagerly
"Despite what I thought . . . he cares about my happiness." I took a deep breath
I was confused about my feelings, I couldn't hate Loki anymore. Loki did something wrong, but he corrected himself, just like Nat, just like Wanda, and just like Bucky. He had good in him.
"He just wanted me to be happy." I continued
"No- no it's probably part of a bigger plan. He wouldn't just let you go." Bucky didn't like that I saw a positive side to Loki.
"I don't know Buck. I could see, when he spoke to me, there was something caring about it. He really did think we would fall in love."
"He's not a caring person."
Bucky clenched his jaw, from that I could tell he was annoyed. I took my hand out of his grasp and put it on his shoulder hoping it would calm him down, but it didn't.
"When I made him angry . . . When I yelled at him and told him we were never going to be together, he told me I was his only chance at happiness." I looked into Steve's eyes
Everyone remained silent.
"If he risked his happiness for mine I at least owe him a visit." I continued
"What?" Bucky tuned angrily
"I just want to speak to him. We deserve closure."
"You want to talk to the man who took you away from your family?! Who took you away from me?!"
"Why are you so upset? It's one final conversation."
"He-"
He took a deep breath and walked out, leaving me confused and upset
"Are you gonna go after him?" Sammie asked
"No. He needs time to cool off, then I will get some answers." I responded
"We have not found Loki's location yet," Thor stated "but I'm sure he is hiding at the safe house, you will get the conversation you request."
"Thank you Thor." I smiled
Steve had a few more questions before I left. Bucky's attitude really surprised me and I knew he needed time, so I hung out with Sam. I put music on his record player and we talked. It was easy, stress free, and it always made me happy.
"Remember- remember when we were taking down the winter soldier and Nat, Steve and I were on the roof with- with that guy" I couldn't help but laugh in between words "And- and Nat and I had to do Rock Paper Scissors to see who got to kick him off the roof!"
"Yeah, you lost, and I told you If it makes you feel better you could kick me off." Sam added smiling.
"Yeah but I told you it's not the same cuz you have wings" we both laughed "That's the first time I knew we were gonna be good friends." I said
"Really?"
"Yup, anyone who would let you push them off a roof needs to stay in your life Sammie." I took a sip of beer "When did you know?"
He grinned before even speaking.
"When we first met. You walked towards me and I thought, damn this girl is hot, and you said-"
"I'm actually quite cold" I finished his sentence
"Yeah really freaked me out finding out you were a mind reader, and when we were on stake out waiting for Senator Stern and you punched that dude in the face for looking at you the wrong way I knew I had to keep you."
"He wasn't only looking at me, the thoughts he had were vile! I had to do something!"
Sam smiled
"And I love you for it, it's one of my favorite things about you."
I hugged him
"Glad to have you in my life Samual Wilson"
"You too."
I pulled away from the hug heading for the door
"Well, I'd love to stay but I have to go figure out why Bucky had a hissy fit!" I rolled my eyes
"Good luck!" Sam returned "let me know if you need backup"
"You got it!"
I walked out not wanting to face Bucky, we normally agree on things but I could tell Loki was a sore spot for him. I stepped into the room and Bucky was laying on his bed. I carefully sat next to him.
"Wanna talk about it?" I asked bluntly
"No." He turned away from me
"No? Why not?"
"I'm tired."
I read his mind, he wasn't tired he was just avoiding me.
"No your not, I know your not." I said surprised at his behavior
"Stay out of my head."
"I will stay out of your head when you talk to me."
He stayed quiet
"Do you realize you are acting ridiculous? I just want to talk this through and your acting like I'm your enemy."
"We don't agree. Let's not argue."
"I'd rather argue than not hear what you have to say."
I began to get upset. He turned to me with no expression on his face.
"Did I do something wrong?" I asked "Why are you being like this? Your normally understanding."
"I could say the same to you doll."
"Ok then explain so I can understand."
"You. My girlfriend. Want to see the man who kidnapped you."
"He let me go."
"He still took you."
"I know. I know- and there is no excuse for that, but he did the right thing in the end."
"He took you away from me! I didn't see you for days because of him!"
I put my hand on him, I was upset he was being so cold but I needed to seem understanding.
"And I am so sorry you had to go through that, but I was the one who was taken. I was the one locked away. Don't you think I'm angry too? I want to punch him in the face for what he did to us, but I also want to thank him for letting me go."
"Thank him?"
"He made a mistake, he can get better."
Bucky rolled his eyes
"I don't want you speaking to him." He said coldly
"What?"
"I don't want you to see him"
"Why are you being like this . . . are you- are you afraid he will get what he wants?"
He stayed silent not looking at me
"Bucky. . . You think I will fall for him?" I continued
"I can't- I can't lose you doll" he was trying to hide his sadness
"Lose me?" I sympathize for him for a second
I climbed on top of him, throwing my legs on both sides of him "you think I'd leave you?"
"I- I don't know, he's a god. . . And there's a prophecy-"
I looked deep into his eyes
"Smiles-"
"You are the love of my life y/n. There's only you. I can't risk him taking you away from me again."
"You are my person James Barnes. I wouldn't leave you for the richest man alive, you know why?"
"Why?"
"Because I love you!"
He began to sit up so that our faces were inches apart. He stared into my eyes and I could see that he was thinking hard about something.
"You really want to see him?"
"I do."
"Then I'm coming with you."
"Deal." I smiled
"God, I'm glad that's over, being upset with you is harder than it looks."
"Is that so?"
"Yes. Because the whole time I want to do this. . ." He kissed my lips
"And this . . ." Then my neck
"And this"
He put his metal arm around my waist and pulled my body closer to his.
"Remember that conversation from this morning? The one that got interrupted?" I asked
"Mhm"
"I think it's time to continue it."
____________________________________I was half asleep writing but enjoy! Thanks for reading!❤️