ꨄ︎ she's ready to leave LA and wants you to come ꨄ︎

After getting out of your car, you greet your sister-in-law and some cameramen and producers who are discussing the last details before starting to shoot.

"Lana is inside," Chuck informs you after checking her camera. "She wanted to be alone for a while but she sure wants to see you."

Once you thank her, you make your way inside the house. First, you go to the kitchen to wash your hands super well and you also take the opportunity to drink some water. Finding your girlfriend is a simple task since she always takes refuge in the same place when she wants to isolate herself from the rest of the world: the art studio.

Lana is lying on the sofa, playing with her necklace and deep enough in her thoughts to notice your presence. Jeez, she's freaking beautiful, you think while you leave your car keys and mask near some watercolors and brushes.

"Hey you," you softly say when you approach the sofa. Her green rubies connect with yours and her slight but cute smile sweetens your heart.

"Hi, love." She extends her arm towards you and, knowing perfectly what that means, you lean over her and give her a tender kiss. "Sit down for a bit, please?"

"Sure."

When you sit on the sofa, she places her majestic legs on your lap and you gently caress her radiant porcelain skin with your fingertips. You appreciate her outfit for a moment and you can't help but smile; this woman doesn't lose her elegance even wearing a simple shirt and skirt. She kinda looks like a real angel with so much white, both in her clothes and in her jewelry, but she hates that you call her that, angel, so you keep the comment to yourself.

"I've been thinking... Well, actually I want to ask you something."

All your attention is focused on her perfect complexion. You're generally able to read her like an open book but not now. Her expression is too neutral to know anything. That's new.

"Sure, what is it?"

Lana begins to touch her pearl necklace again. She's nervous. "Will you move in with me?"

You frown slightly. "I thought we already lived together."

"Yes. Here. What I mean is if you would like to move with me to another place?"

"You sound very mysterious," you admit with a smirk. "Another place, where, babe?"

"The place where I was born, New York." Her hand stays still on her chest. "I know we both have our jobs and families here but, staying in Los Angeles forever was never in my plans and I feel like I'm ready to finally leave. And I want you to come with me."

Unexpected. Her confession catches you off guard, perhaps that's why you open and close your mouth, unable to generate a response immediately. Your thoughts get a bit out of control and you decide to look around.

Memories come alive in your mind when you see a couple of paintings hanging on the walls, of which Lana and you are the artists. Painting together is your favorite hobby, as well as keeping her company when she's creating her art on that typewriter over there. You can hear her protest with a chuckle, because you stroking her hair in the meantime makes her lose focus and creativity.

This place, which you helped to remodel with great love and dedication to make it a space of pure serenity, in connection with nature, means so much to you. Your girlfriend opened the doors of her house to you and together you made it a home. A home where so many special memories were created; of laughter, of tears, of intimacy, of fights, of deep and long conversations in bed, under the moon, or even here, the sofa you're sitting on now. You hadn't thought about the possibility of losing everything some day.

"You don't have to answer now," Lana adds softly, "I can wait."

"So, you really want to go?" She offers a slight nod as you return to look at her. "You really want to leave our home?"

She sits upright on the sofa, a little concerned about your remarkable sadness. "Look, I love this place, I love California, I met you here after all. But it's just a house to me. It started to feel like home since you moved in with me, because you are with me. And that's why I want, I need you to come with me, because any place feels like home if you are with me."

Your girlfriend caresses your cheek while you take a peek at your surroundings again. She's right, isn't she? This place it's just a house that feels like home because you both have each other, and as long as it is like that, any place you go together will feel the same.

"I guess I can get another job in New York," you whisper with a tiny smile beginning to form on your lips. "I guess I'm ready to leave LA too."

"Really?" You nod and Lana takes your face delicately, planting several kisses all over the place. "Thank you thank you thank you! I promise we will be as happy as we are here."

When you turn to see her, you give her a slow, warm kiss and then smile at her.

"I love you."

"I love you so much more, honey."