ꨄ︎ taking care of Lemon ꨄ︎

my hottie blondie<3

where are uuu

are u on ur way already???
seen

LANA stop ignoring me :((

After checking your phone for the tenth time in the last five minutes, you drop it on the carpet and return your full attention to Lennon. The baby is sitting right in front of you, happily chewing on a fake plush carrot. She's been pretty quiet, minding her own business, but you dare not let your guard down.

With babies you never know. One moment they seem like innocent angels and the next they're having a breakdown for no apparent reason.

You're silently imploring the universe for your girlfriend to come back before that last thing happens. Lana said she'd go get some candy and hurry back but boy is she taking her blessed time. Is she making the candy or what?

"She better bring my favorites."

You share your thought aloud, and Lennon immediately responds in her incomprehensible baby talk. You chuckle softly as she drops the carrot to begin crawling quickly. You follow her closely, especially when her destination is the TV. With great dexterity, the one-year-old rises to her feet, using the brown wooden TV cabinet for support.

"No no no no," you warn her, gently pushing her hands away as she starts banging on the screen as if it were some kind of drums. She protests, struggling to get free and continue doing her task, which you don't let her do, of course. "Come on, let's go play with the stuffed animals."

Thank goodness she doesn't burst into tears when you hold her in your arms to take her to the safe zone, where she can't break anything or touch the wrong things. She gets bored very easily with the stuffed animal war and eventually starts rolling around on the carpet, giggling to herself.

So weird. In a cute kind of way, sure.

"I'm back, I'm here!"

Your soul returns to your body when Lana finally walks into the living room. She comes to sit next to you, dropping phone, SUV keys and a brown paper bag on the floor. The baby soon crawls over and throws herself animatedly into her arms.

"Hiii, Lemon!" Your girlfriend says with the same enthusiasm, hugging the baby while you spy on the bag, which is undoubtedly full of candy. And she brought your favorites! "By the way, I didn't mean to ignore ya but I was driving and I'm a responsible person, you know."

A smile takes shape on your face when Lana runs her hand behind your neck, placing a tender kiss on your cheek. She makes you chuckle when her lips seek contact with yours so you grant it to her. Her fingertips caress your skin while you receive a warm, slow kiss.

Makes you feel butterflies, how much love and care she holds in the gesture. And want, apparently, as Lana gently and easily slips her tongue into your willing mouth. God, you love it, but you still pull back.

"Not in front of the child."

Lana pouts. The hand on your neck comes to grip your chin softly, and she presses another kiss to your lips before turning to Lennon.

"We should put her to sleep then. What do you think, my dear Lemon? Wanna take a nap so I can kiss my beautiful girlfriend better? Well, and other things you're way too young to hear and know," you roll your eyes at her smirk. "Whatcha say, huh?"

The baby gaze at her with curious eyes as she plays with strands of your girlfriend's darkish blondie hair. Lana soon starts cuddling and tickling her, an image that warms your heart. She's so sweet and attentive with children. You can tell she loves taking care of them, especially Lennon, who will have some competition when Chuck's baby is born.

Although knowing Lana, she would be willing to open her own nursery to be able to take care of them at the same time, and give them the same amount of affection without anyone feeling left out.

-

It turns out that after eating chocolate, the last thing the baby wanted to do was sleep. You entertained her for a while with music, another while with some children's movies, but she was this little whirlwind of energy that wouldn't sit still. Until a few minutes ago, when her mood shifted greatly and she started asking for her mommy Jen.

Luckily, Lana has always been more than prepared for any crisis situation.

Lennon is currently sitting on her lap, using Lana's chest as a comfortable pillow as she drinks from her feeding bottle. Lana is gently stroking her short brown hair, murmuring what seems to be a lullaby.

"You're very brave, and very sweet..."

You, on the other hand, are playing with the grass you're sitting on, carefully watching them. At one point Lana looks up, realizing that you're too far away by her standards. She asks you to come closer. However, she furrows her brows when you do not.

Truth is, you're so busy admiring her incredible beauty, wondering how someone so stunning and divine can be even real, you don't even register the sound of her voice.

"Are you alright, love?" She interrogates softly, extending her arm in your direction. You return to planet earth and take her hand, reducing the distance between you two by moving closer.

"I am," you reply, using the same tone of voice, tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear. "I was just thinking..."

"Thinking...?" Your girlfriend inquires with intrigue.

"I was thinking about what an awesome mom you'd be."

At your confession, a particular gleam flickers in Lana's emerald eyes, even the lines of her perfectly sculpted face soften. On her lips peeks a beam brighter than the sun in the sky.

"You really think so?"

"It's a fact," you state with a tiny grin.

"Yeah, I love kids... And motherhood fascinates me, but right now I'm more than content as just an auntie," she grimaces thoughtfully and contemplatively. "But if you want to have kids, I-"

"Wow, no," you interrupt her almost immediately, kinda caught off guard. "Not that I don't want them but I prefer kiddos with your perfect, flawless genes."

Lana chuckles beautifully as she grabs the half-empty feeding bottle that Lennon gives her.

"I don't know, I'm running out of time for that...."

You can sense the tiny trace of sadness in her voice so you're soon gently cupping her face in your hands.

"Baby, I know you. If that's what you truly want, we can do it. We can have our own little family."

"I... I don't know. I want it but not now, you know what I mean? I'm happy, and I feel complete with just you and our pets," she catches your smile in a sweet kiss. "And I lied when I said I was responsible. I'm freaking wild, I like to have fun, a lot, especially with you."

Some blush paints your cheeks when she winks at you suggestively. Damn, she knows how to fluster you without any effort at all.

After kissing you till you're breathless, Lana continues to stroke Lennon's hair. The baby is yawning and snuggling better against her chest. Suddenly you long for the same thing, the snuggling part, so you lay your head on Lana's shoulder. Not enough but better than nothing.

"I love you, baby," she then whispers.

"You're talking to me, right?

"Oh-- Yeah, sure. I mean, absolutely. Who else?"

The trace of sarcasm in her voice makes you smile foolishly.

"Very funny."

"Very," Lana teases, resting her head on yours. "You love me, too, don't you?"

Closing your eyes, you let yourself get lost in this magical moment, here and now with her. And Lennon.

"How could I not?"