ꨄ︎ new banisters ꨄ︎

You smile at the photo Chuck just sent you. Her daughter is the cutest little thing you've ever seen. In each photo, she always has a smile plastered on her pretty face, as if she's posing exclusively for her mom.

As you reply back, AWWE MY HEART IS MELTING 😍😭😩🧡, you leave your comfortable place on the sofa to go show Lana the pictures of her niece. She loves Phoenix deeply, with every tiny bit of her soul-in the same magnitude that she loves you.

"Lan, you gotta see this. The baby-"

As soon as you take a step into the room, you close your mouth. Lana is lying on the bed, expression all serious, iPhone in hand. Lana is traveling to New York tomorrow and apparently she got tired of packing her stuff, because there are a couple of clothes scattered on the floor, which you pick up and put in the open suitcase.

"Your sister sent me a couple of photos of Phoenix." You happily share while you sit next to her.

"Hmm."

Hmm? Her response, rather the sound produced by her throat, makes you frown. Every time and as soon as she hears her niece's name, she lights up like a candle in the dark, one of the most radiant. So her simple hmm is pretty strange in these circumstances.

You tilt your head slightly, viewing one of her Instagram posts on her phone screen. She's scrolling through the comments, of which there are many. To your relief, you see a bunch of hearts and positive, loving messages, people acclaiming Blue Banisters' video, which was released this noon.

Yesterday, she was immersed in other types of comments. Her album to come in less than two days is already selling out in stores, and people accused her of being rude to Target staff for wanting to prevent those sales-which makes no fucking sense. What's the point of pre-sales, then?

Lana spent hours autographing CDs for her people, for the fans, and that's what she gets in return? False accusations to make her look bad in the public eye, as usual? Fuck them.

"Sorry, love, what were you sayin' about Phi?" Her eyes meet yours.

"Chuck sent me pictures of your niece. She's so big already, when did it happen?"

"Oh, I know, right! She sent them to me too and agh, my heart." You smile slightly. "Come hug me, will you?"

You leave your own phone on the wooden nightstand and remove your fuzzy slippers. Your arm wraps around her waist as soon as you lie down next to her, placing a soft kiss on her shoulder as well.

The warmth of her body soon makes you feel at home. And the soft, characteristic sweet-fancy fragrance of hers doesn't take long to delight you. You bury your face in the crook of her neck, breathing in the scent.

Lana giggles as her right hand rests on your arm. For the next five minutes, you both remain in the same position, keeping each other company in peaceful silence.

Eventually she turns off her cell phone, appreciating the sunset through the window to her right. She likes to spend time here, in the chic cabin she acquired years ago. Echo Park is a quiet and serene neighborhood, her refuge when she needs time to clear her mind or just put Lana's life on hold and feel like Elizabeth again-more like herself.

She hates fame, every bit of it. Instead she loves this, the simplicity of life, without having to be in a constant state of anxiety and worry, just for a second. And that second is the best.

Lana frowns slightly when she feels your lips moving softly on her neck; she would swear that you were already deep in your sleep. She ends up smiling, of course, as your gestures of affection are always welcome.

"Babe?" You whisper quietly in her ear after about a minute.

"Yes, love?" She turns her head so she can look at you and her forehead caresses yours due to the closeness.

"Gosh, you're hot." You catch her chuckle as soon as you give her a fleeting, warm kiss.

"You're hot too," Lana whispers seductively as she presses her lips against yours again.

For a few minutes you forget what you were about to say, because your girlfriend barely allows you to catch some air. She even turns her entire body to you, cradling your face in one of her hands, being at your complete disposal now.

"I totally forgot the other thing I was going to tell you." You admit when her kisses gradually turn into a soft brush of lips.

Her eyes inspect every fraction of your face and she's falling more in love with you. I hope you're the one this time, Lana's inner voice whispers to herself. I really want you to be.

"Oh, I remembered." Although your memory is working normally again, you're unable to stop appreciating her captivating beauty. "I'm gonna miss you..."

You start stroking her hair, one of her favorite things in life. Your action makes her smile, although not as brightly as you expected.

"I'm going to miss you too." Lana whispers. "And I don't want to. Come with me to New York, please..."

She knows she should've invited you before and not at the last minute but something stopped her. Maybe her fear of letting her guard down too quickly. Maybe the fear of loving you too fast-although she's already screwed on that. And she'll be more screwed if this relationship doesn't reach its first year, because that will hurt so fucking much.

"Lan, even if I wanted to, I don't have my luggage packed or anything."

You still try to process if she really just invited you to travel with her or if you imagined it. If she did, wow, that would be something new. Your exes never asked you to spend extra time with them but otherwise.

"It doesn't matter. You can wear my clothes, or I can buy you something to your liking on the way." Lana insists. "Or we can go to your house now if you want and pack. It's not too late, is it?"

In fact, it isn't, but your house isn't exactly a fifteen-minute drive away either. And in the fall it gets dark a little earlier and she has to rest.

"Lana, it'll only be a couple of days without seeing each other. I'll be here when you get back."

You sit upright on the bed, and Lana interrupts her task of putting on her slippers to look at you.

"Here? Like, here?"

"Well, not here because I don't live here, baby." You answer. "I mean I'll be waiting for you, I'm not going anywhere."

"But... I'd really like you to come with me." Your girlfriend adds, her voice more muffled this time. "Please?"

When you feel the low spirits of your girlfriend, you approach her, gently taking her face in your hands.

"I'd love to go with you, Lana, if you really want to..." You whisper.

"I do, honey. I truly do. I truly...."

Love you. Gosh, I love you so much.

You smile slightly. She does want you around her and that warms your heart.

"We're going to New York, then. If you regret it, though, I can-"

Lana's fluffy lips place a kiss on yours.

"Being with you is what I want, and I doubt I'm ever going to regret that. This. Us, honey."

As she begins to kiss you with more persistence and warmth, her body climbs on top of yours. Your hands cling to her back as soon as yours touches the comfortable mattress.

"And when we're back..." Lana murmurs, her breath colliding beautifully with yours in a mess of warmth and breathlessness, "we will be painting some new banisters of this cottage."