ꨄ︎ she's sad about Chemtrails ꨄ︎

"The fuck. Are you serious?"

Watching your favorite show becomes irrelevant when you hear Lana's voice in now the living room. You grab the chocolate she hands you but she apparently has no intention of going back to the sofa with you.

"16 weeks?! You gotta be kidding."

You know it's not a good thing when she raises her voice a bit, in which great frustration or annoyance is evident. Her green eyes make contact with yours and you try to decipher what's going on but she averts her gaze and starts cursing loudly.

Oh, boy. You pause the episode and wait patiently for your girlfriend to finish venting to whoever she's on the phone with.

"You know what? Fuck it, OK. If I have to, I will. I'll call you later. Bye."

She throws her mobile on the individual couch and sighs heavily. She looks so upset that you don't dare ask if everything is okay. It would be a terrible question, however.

"Baby..." You whisper softly after she brings a hand to her temple.

No reply.

"Baby." You repeat again, now loud enough to get her attention. "What happened? Tell me," you ask with a pleading tone, a very gentle one.

She makes her way to the couch and sits next to you, just like she was minutes ago. Except now you can perceive how much her energy decreased; you can feel it in the air and see it in her green eyes.

"Somehow, they can't find the songs I recorded for the album and I have to record them again. And after that, the production will take between 16 and 18 weeks, which means it won't be out this year," she places her arm over the back of the sofa and her head rests in her hand. "The production of the vinyls is also screwed up. Everything. God, my fans are going to be so disappointed."

You feel a little discomfort in your chest when you observe the way her eyes crystallize little by little. You can't help but get closer to her and open your arms. Lana automatically seeks refuge in them and leans her head on your shoulder.

"Honey, they will understand, I promise," you tell her as you caress her back. "Good things take time, remember?"

"But everything was ready. I was going to make the announcement in a few weeks, I was going to release the first single. I was so excited..." Her voice weakens in the last sentence. You can feel the sadness in her body, and it kills you. It's one of the few times you see her most vulnerable side. "Dammit."

She hugs you tenderly around the waist and a few seconds later you can feel her tears on your skin. What you feel is not only sadness, the frustration is still there too. But whatever the emotion is, you try to comfort her in any way possible.

Eventually, you make it. You both end up laying on the couch, facing each other. She smiles in the cutest way as you stroke her blonde hair. I'm so in love, you think, completely sure of your feelings.

"I'm sorry I cried like a bitch, but my job can be so stressful sometimes."

Her eyes are a bit puffy and red but they are still beautiful. Like her.

"I know, you work so hard, baby. And I admire you a lot, but sometimes it's okay to stop for a minute, you know what I mean?"

"Yes, I know," she acknowledges in a whisper. "I shouldn't be so hard on myself. I try, honey."

The one who smiles sweetly now is you. You place a kiss on her forehead but from her look, you can deduce that she's not satisfied with just that. It amuses you to think of how demanding Lana can be without even saying a word. And with that thought in mind, you place a new kiss now on her lips.

And it feels so good. So magical, so perfect.

"You want some?" You ask when you break the warm kiss, taking the chocolate bar that rested in the small space between your body and hers.

"Please."

Once you two sit up straight on the couch, with your legs intertwined with each other, you begin to share the chocolate. Even though she smiles at you, you're still worried about her. Lana may not think so much about the album itself, but about her fans, how much she's disappointing them, according to her. That thought won't go away soon, you know it.

"Maybe you can record an EP or something like that for your fans, while they wait for Chemtrails."

"It's not a bad idea. But right now, I don't want to think about it anymore. I just want to enjoy this moment with you, hon."

After she rests her head on your shoulder, you place a kiss on her head and then grab the tv remote control. Your favorite series starts playing again on the screen but all your thoughts are on Lana.

Everything will be fine. She will be okay. And you hope that's so.