ꨄ︎ a loyal fan, a loyal love ꨄ︎

Headphones on. Coffees in hand. Your voice accompanying the singer's while you make your way back to the room, barefoot and still in pajamas.

"Let me love you like a woman
Let me hold you like a baby
Let me shine like a diamond
Let me be who I'm MEANT TO BEeE!"

Your not at all harmonious voice causes Lana to groan and hide her head under the pillow. After placing the breakfast tray carefully on the nightstand, you climb to bed. And quickly to your girlfriend

"I come from a small town far away
I only mention it 'cause I'm ready to leave LA..."

"Baby, shut up!"

"AND I NEED YOU TO COMEEE!
I GUESS I COULD MANAGE IF YOUUU STAYYYY
IT'S JUST IF YOU DO I CAN'T SEE MYSELF HAVING ANY FUN, SOoOoO.."

You try to push the pillow away from her face but she holds onto it tightly. Both begin to tussle to win. Her sleepy, serious expression makes you grin victorious and amused. Lana's features remain the same while you keep singing the rest of the song to her. At one point, however, you're unaware of your out-of-tune and she lets you know with a irritation grimace.

The gesture makes you smile even more. You lean over her to softly kiss her lips. Your smart girlfriend takes advantage of the approach to remove your headphones once and for all.

Hearing her own voice, alarm her.

"You're gonna go deaf, you silly!"

"My ears, not yours," you say with a smirk, kissing the corner of her lips.

"I mean it." She puts aside your headphones and after stopping the song, also your phone. "Can I keep sleeping now, please?"

"How can you even sleep!? Your album comes out tomorrow, in a couple of hours actually, aren't you excited!?" You shake her shoulders enthusiastically. "I can't even do that myself, sleep!"

"I can see that," your girlfriend teases. "I'd be excited if my album hadn't been leaked before the release day, but whatever."

Shit, you forgot that completely. Memories of her crying and cursing in frustration a week ago soon make you feel guilty. Suddenly your enthusiasm diminishes a bit.

"I'm sorry, I-"

"Why? It happened before. I'm used to those fuckers." She cuts you off, with a kind of coldness in her voice. "I'm gonna get up. I can't sleep now. They ruin even this."

Lana leaves the bed the second you get off her body. You feel a little chill when she slams the bathroom door, and the only thing you hope is that her anger has nothing to do with you.

But hell, you woke her up singing.

You turn on your phone and stare at the cover of Let Me Love You Like A Woman. She put so much effort into this album, as she has always done with all her art throughout her career. Despite the fact that her work is never recognized as it deserves, being pushed aside by the industry and the people themselves is Lana's motivation to keep going.