ꨄ︎ we fell in love in october ꨄ︎

did you hear lana's new song suburban house??

that was so beautiful!!! now sing one of billie

I LOVE YOU

one of aurora!!!

You take a sip of your tea while reading the comments. You had some free time to play some songs on the piano and decided to do an Instagram live because why not. 10k people have joined in just half an hour. Most of them are your ex's fans—none other than Lana Del Rey—who continue to show you their support and love even after the breakups with her, one during the pandemic and then a year ago.

The thought of her interferes with your daily life more than you'd like to admit but during October, it's almost unbearable. You two should be celebrating your five-year anniversary tomorrow. Instead, you're singing heartbreak songs in front of a bunch of people who barely know you, as if that will somehow ease your pain. At least it makes you feel less alone.

After putting the mug down on the piano, you get ready for the next song.

"Okay, I've been practicing 'What was I Made for' for some time. Or should I do 'When the party's over'?"

BARBIE SONG

don't you dare sing that one 😭

WHAT WAS I MADE FOR PLEASE

do you miss lana??

You arrange your scores, ignoring that comment that didn't go unnoticed by you even though it was quickly lost among the rest. You know that turning off the comments would be the best option but then you'd be bored out of your mind.

Yes, you want to reply, so much. But instead you start singing.

Fortunately, you make it through the whole song without breaking down, in total control of your emotions.

i don't know how to feel but someday i might.... someday i might....

The comments pass so fast in front of your eyes, you barely have the time to properly read all of them. Until one in particular pops up on the screen, and it's like everything goes in slow motion from there.

honeymoon
so pretty 💛

Your heart skips a beat.

This is perhaps the painful part of having ended a relationship on good terms, that the person you still love madly is simply now your friend. You can't greet her with a, "hey, love," anymore, or remind her how much you love her or ask her to hurry up with errands and come home soon.

holy shit lana is here

OMG LANA FAKFSKDSM

mother 😭

lana tell her you miss her or i'm gonna kms

my heart help

In a situation like this all you can do is smile slightly while cursing internally in more than one language. You kind of deserve this. A couple of months ago Lana did a live and you left a comment too: so pretty. Yes, exactly the same. She didn't acknowledge your presence but now you know you were seen, and she waited for the perfect moment to return the gesture. You're not sure if you want to laugh or cry. Maybe both.

You have two choices: end the live and go sob yourself to sleep or keep singing knowing your ex is watching. Which is less humiliating?

please keep singing girl