Cleril vs Pertle

Hey! I'm not dead!

Sorry for not updating in a long time, so here I am with something a little different.

I noticed that my review on Pertle had a lot of disagreements. Some were perfectly reasonable, while others just called the ship gross for no reason at all...

So, I decided to give an in depth explanation on why I like this ship. And by doing this, I'll be comparing it to it's former, Cleril, and why I think Pertle is a way better alternative.

Please note, you do not have to agree with me. All I ask, is that you listen to my reasons.

First off, Cleril:

I refuse to beat around the bush any longer...

Cleril is toxic.

Peril is an obvious victim of codependency.

What is codependency?

It's when one person has an excessive emotional and psychological reliance on another person. In this case: Clay.

Peril does not treat Clay as an equal, but more like a god that needs to be put on a pillar.

She proves this, but by constantly questioning her ways, fearing what Clay would think of her. If it only takes the existence of one person to make you feel bad, this is a big sign that you are in a bad relationship.

More proof of Peril's obsession towards Clay:

She betrayed the Dragonets of Destiny to Scarlet, just so Clay can be kept in cage, and be with her forever.

She dreamt of killing off Clay's friends, so he could be the only one for her.

When Scarlet threatened JMA with Glory's fake severed head, Peril didn't consider Clay's feelings involving his supposedly dead friend. Instead, she wondered if he would cry like that if it were HER head instead of Glory's, vacant of any empathy for her beloved.

Do you think any of this sends a good message about healthy relationships? Kids read Wings of Fire too, is this really the best way to set an example. That if you keep obsessing over your crush, he'll EVENTUALLY love you back?

And I know Peril had some character development, but did it really justify for the complete unhealthy obsession in the beginning?

And this doesn't go well for Clay either.

Every ounce of Peril's mental issues would have be dumped onto him. What if Peril slips up and burns a dragon? Clay would blame himself! Because in the end, Peril only sees Clay as someone to tell her how to act.

In the end, it would be better for the both of them to stay friends.

Now, Pertle, and why I like it more:

Unlike Clay, Peril can be herself around Turtle.

The whole 8th book consisted of her being crazy and all over the place. But, when she's with Turtle, she's much more relaxed and cool headed.

Peril sees Turtle as an equal. And Turtle is comfortable around her from the start.

Unlike Clay, who had to walk on eggshells around her in the beginning.

Pertle is probably one of the most disliked ships in the fandom, because most think they are better off as friends.

But, why can't they be both?

To me, my ideal soulmate is my best friend. Someone to listen to my problems, relax on the couch and watch TV, and actually be fun around.

Romantic feelings shouldn't have to change what Turtle and Peril have now.

I understand that platonic relationships are underrated, and should be seen more. But it shouldn't be the end of the world, if Turtle and Peril decided to be a couple.

Then there's the age gap...I wouldn't touch this topic with a 5 foot pole, because it is the stupidest argument there is.

Glory and Deathbringer are six years apart. Umber had a crush on Qibli, and he was 7 at the time.

Clearly, Tui doesn't care that much about age gaps, so why should I? And again, there are far WORSE ships out there.

Conclusion:

That's why I ship Pertle, because I think it's more healthier than Cleril.

Though, a part of me definitely prefers if Peril stays single.

Also, let me know if you'd like more chapters like this, where I try to compare ships.