Turtlejou

Another cute ship, that was executed poorly.

Is it just me, or did Turtle's feelings for Kinkajou come out of nowhere?

I am 100% certain it was thrown in last minute, just for the sake of a protagonist having a love interest.

I found it really jarring, when it was hinted that Turtle had a crush on Kinkajou, in the 8th book!

Yes, he was not present for book 6 and 7, but we should've seen more interactions of Turtle and Kinkajou in Moon Rising. I mean, it was the first book, it's supposed to set up the whole second arc, including the characters' relationships with each other.

Even Starflight was hinted to have a crush on Sunny in Dragonet Prophecy and the books after that, which made his thoughts in The Dark Secret make more sense. So, why couldn't Turtlejou be hinted in the earlier books?

Again, I strongly believe that Turtle and Kinkajou originally weren't supposed to be together, but because Turtle was a protagonist, Kinkajou was tossed in as his love interest at the very last second.

Though, I don't hate the idea of them being together. Kinkajou might give Turtle some extra confidence, and Turtle might calm her down a tad bit. They could've shared some deep interactions.

But, then the love spell happened.

WHYYYYYYY!?

Why can't these two develop feelings for each other naturally, without a side character budding in to force them together?

Curse you, Anemone.

Pros: They could work. If they do end up together, I'll be happy with that. Plus, Sea/Rain babies would be adorable.

Cons: THE LOVE SPELL SHOULD'VE NEVER HAPPENED!