Starspeaker

Fatespeaker is a Sunny knockoff. There, I said it.

She just seems like a backup to me. Her personality reflects Sunny's, except highly exaggerated, which makes it all the more obnoxious.

Still, I can see the appeal to her: I mean, her whole character revolves around mocking future tellers and mindreaders, so I found that pretty funny.

But, I think she's just a little too...childish for Starflight.

Maybe this could help get him out of his shell, but their mental ages are so alarmingly different.

Fatespeaker is really immature, and I mean by hatchling levels.

I actually thought she was younger than she really was, all because of how she teased Starflight, to the way she acted around Morrowseer. She acts like a literal child, while Starflight uses vocabulary of a full grown dragon. Not a very good mix.

On top of that, they shared no romantic scenes, since Starflight had his mind on Sunny for most of the book.

I see Starflight's and Fatespeaker's relationship as more of a big brother and little sister dynamic than anything else. Which is awkward, considering Sunny's and Starflight's relationship is the one that's supposed to be platonic.

Pros: Uh...

Cons: For me, this ship came out of nowhere, and felt very forced. Fatespeaker isn't doing it for me, and the way she acts, just feels like a hatchling striving for Starflight's attention. Really would've preferred this to be platonic.